Thursday, September 08, 2005

20 Random Facts, interests meme

Here's the 20 Random Facts meme... I was tagged by Mandy a few days ago, but life was pretty crazy then. But now that I have the time....

Write 20 random facts about yourself, then tag the same number of people as minutes it takes you to write the facts. Some of you may already know this stuff, but I hope there's some new stuff here.

1. I used to play the clarinet in the high school band.
2. I once attended a Bryan Adams concert. (reminds me, I should call Shannon soon...)
3. I went to a summer camp for a few years in my childhood... it was very fun!
4. I took Law 12, and Mr. Spearman sparked my interest in true crime by letting me borrow his copy of In Cold Blood. So my mom can blame HIM for turning me into someone who wants to murder my family! ;)
5. In elementary school, I was accused of memorizing dictionaries. Hence Spoz's later joke that I eat dictionaries. (yeah, I'm a logophage! :P)
6. I once saw a movie in cinemas without paying for it... it was Elizabeth and Lisa's idea to run out on some movie that we DID pay for, and go see Runaway Bride instead.
7. I once made some chicken dish from a recipe on the Internet, but I had help. It turned out okay, so then I moved on to pork chops. That was all right. Maybe I should do that again sometime.. I have all this flour and sugar, after all... *thinks*
8. I used to shoplift a lot, and even give those things to other people. I guess it was a form of wanting to have people's friendship, when I think about it. Notebooks, greeting cards, pens, whiteout, stuff from the Whistler gift shop, stickers, etc. I've stopped now, though. (stuff to Julie, Curt, Kevin, Jesse, Ken, Petra, etc.)
9. I have 122 CDs, and 200 books. (probably soon to be more, though...)
10. I kept in touch with my old high school friends for a while, then they drifted away. Now I wish I had other friends, haha.
11. I've attended the same church all my life.
12. I probably would have had four younger siblings, but my mom had two miscarriages.
13. I have cerebral palsy... my own sister didn't know this until December 2003! o_O
14. I used to play quite a few video games: Tetris, Super Mario Bros. 3, Dr. Mario, some RPGs, etc.
15. I used to take swimming lessons. Didn't get very far, though....
16. I was in various incarnations of the church choir from about 1993 to 2002.
17. I've been in the West Edmonton Mall wave pool.
18. I used to take horseback riding lessons as a child.
19. I used to write and illustrate stories involving goat royalty as a kid.
20. I love random things. :D


Well, I'm not tagging anyone... do it only if you want. :P


Pick a few of your general interests, and tell people why you like them!

Biographies: I like reading about people's lives, and the many things they do.
Coincidences: Those have always been quirky to me... I love them, haha.
Friendliness: I like to think that I'm generally a friendly person, and I like to see that trait in others.
Homestar Runner: Who could not love the antics of Homestar, Strong Bad, Strong Sad, Trogdor the Burninator, the Cheat, and all the rest?
Memories: I find them to be a powerful force.. they can evoke all sorts of emotions and associations.
Oddities: See "coincidences."
Reading: I've always loved reading.. it's one of the traits I got from my mother. I should actually get more into reading, but this thing called the internet prevents me from it... what a vast time-suck it is. :P
Synchronicity: See "coincidences."
Weirdness: See "coincidences."


Funny how coincidences / synchronicity and oddities / weirdness are similar pairs. I know they're not exactly the same, but they're close enough.

Party email update: Lily says she and Lee are going to a wedding. Oh well.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home