Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Jennifer / New glasses / PNE

I finally heard from my friend Jennifer this afternoon: she called me "Dragon," says it'll be weeks without Internet, and misses me and Richard. Thank goodness I heard from her, since we both were getting worried.. she lives like an hour away from Hurricane Katrina, so yeah...

I think my current pair of glasses have taken too much abuse, and I'll need to research out the cost of a new pair. Not sure what happened to them, but the frame is now bent at an unfixable angle. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to London Optical and see how much new ones would be, although perhaps I should schedule an appointment with an eye doctor first. The whole thing isn't AFFORDABLE, but then I don't have any other choice except to go around with my old pair of glasses like I did last year when I couldn't find my current pair in the back of the closet. I probably need to go to the mall anyhow to research out some weird books that I can ask Farrah to send for my birthday (she offered :P ) and mail Charlotte's postcard... something like that, anyhow. ;)

Earlier tonight, I finally heard from Eric H. about going to the PNE. It was either that or dinner and a movie, but he'd waste the cost of the tickets if we didn't go to the fair. We walked around a lot, looked at the games on offer, and discussed things like his girl / relationships / questions with no answers / last night's African restaurant dinner (eating beef, lamb, ostrich, etc. with your fingers) / Ty, Phil, white Eric and his birthday today (yesterday now...), Jeremy, Vivian, Danielle, Citrus always working or so it seems, Nathan, and other friends / Steph having a "sparkling personality" / Jon leaving us very soon / bowling and other future hangout ideas (Red Robin's for my birthday?) / the different kinds of Christianity / memories of the Cactus Club / blog updates / 2:30 AM Pho / mini donuts / his forgetting English and remembering Mandarin since he started dating his girl / being here for 15 years, yet still not knowing some things in English / other things. Managed to catch the ABSOLUTE FINAL fair show of the Superdogs, which was cool and rocking! Herb Williams has been hosting it for 28 years, and got a gold lifetime PNE pass / a limo ride in style / two vintage Pacific Coliseum seats tonight from the PNE president.

We were going to stay for the fireworks, but ended up strolling the fairgrounds and game / ride areas instead. Eric asked if I minded going for bubble tea later (possibly in Richmond so we could pick up my brother), so we called the house: good thing Steph answered the phone! She gave us Jeremy's cell number, which Eric called: Jon wasn't there. Then I decided to call Jeremy's cell number, since Jeremy at least kinda recognizes my voice... I hope that's the case, haha. He said that they'd parted ways, so we just went home afterwards: we thought it would be too late for Dragon Ball, so next time it is! Good times with friends rule, haha.

Now Darren's saying I should get horn-rimmed emo glasses because they're cute... um, me dunno about that. o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home