Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bumping into people unexpectedly, tomorrow's plans with Eric, weird names, caution, confusion, girls

Just took my sister out to dinner at Cimona's. The New York steak and key lime cheesecake were very good. She says that Jessica bumped into Dawn, Karen, and Vivian in a Hawaii elevator... what a small world! There was the time that my sister bumped into Andrea / Sherman or their parents at Niagara Falls recently, too! (although she may have been making that up... she's turning into Mom, with her bad memory! :P ) We saw this cute little girl at the restaurant; her name was Darren. I hope the name was spelled Darryn, Daryn, or somesuch! Then again, Corey knows a girl named Kevin, so.... yeah. o_O

Steph mentioned that she wanted to eat out after Fellowship tomorrow, so Eric should drive himself if he didn't want to do that. We don't go out to eat as often anymore (the last time was Red Robin's with Jason and Nathan on Good Friday) So I called him from the restaurant after we'd finished eating: he's all good with the idea of her driving. I'll meet them at church later on: I don't want to be late like last week, as I really have to talk to Randal about next Saturday since I do kinda want to go to the prayer retreat now. Who knows, maybe we WILL go out to eat since it's her first Friday night in town... :D

I gave her the book of logic puzzles and the "exotic dancer" graduation card, and she gave me a brochure on Alaskan Princess Cruises that my mom wanted me to read. (I'll look that over later on) When she saw the card, she thought that I wanted her to become an exotic dancer! No, of course not! Then she told me that Mom was a bit TOO paranoid over my meeting online people... believe me, I know! She cautioned me against ingesting drugs / becoming a prostitute, for goodness sakes! (never mind her mixed messages to me and Steph about giving her some grandchildren in / out of wedlock! :P )

Caution is good, but paranoia isn't. Steph thinks that Mom can do a background check on Palmer through her friend Mei Lin, whose husband is a cop. Then again, Steph also wants a picture of Palmer just to make sure that he's not the guy she saw on TV recently who harassed women through the Vancouver Dateline service! (she asked me about his name, middle name, and hair color: "Maybe he cut his hair!") I'll send one to her later: it's not urgent! It'll be the one that Dave saw when he asked me the same question a couple weeks ago, haha.

She also told me that Auntie Yeu Tin (Melissa's mom) has people at work calling her Eugene. They're not her coworkers, but rather correspondents who ask for Eugene. Aiyoh. (her friends used to call her U-10 in high school, but that was different!)

Corey wants me to take him out for steak... maybe if he ever gets over here! As it is, he's kinda thinking that it's bad luck for me to even BE on a ship! (we were discussing my mom's fractured English in her email, haha) He bets I do everything like a girl: clocking people a good one (by accident or not), slapping, and anything else he can think of. That's because I *am* one, sweetheart. Don't you ever forget it. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home