Sunday, May 08, 2005

My sister, Denise, Brian, and Clement are back!

At church today, I saw Eric H. for the first time in months. That was a nice surprise: he, Citrus, Danielle, and I talked before service about MSN; what "über" meant; not being online too much except late at night; my brother being back soon so we could hang out; how our weeks were; Danielle going to China next Sunday; and the BBQ that Danielle's relatives threw for her birthday on Friday night.

I talked to Christon briefly: he's leaving for Edmonton next Monday, but I should still see him next Sunday. He'd had a LONG week, so he was still tired even if he slept at 10:30 last night. I'll miss him and his super singing, and I hope we keep in touch. At least he'll be back for Christmas!

After service, I went downstairs and talked to the teens for a bit. Stanley was showing Jason, Michael, and the other guys some game of his with a lot of nudity in it... as he said: "Plenty of boob and nipple! Very interesting!" Olivia told me that maybe that was THEIR definition of interesting, but not ours! She is SO right! The guys are a bag of hormones. :P

I went outside to talk to my friends: Denise, Brian, and Clement are all back for the summer! Of course, I hugged them all hello! (Fidela isn't back till tomorrow) I spent some time talking to Denise: right when I was about to wonder aloud whether my sister's plane had landed yet, I heard her scream. Yup, the hyper person is back in town! (as I was telling Adam and Andrew later, she's nearly always hyper... even if she didn't sleep at all last night, and cried on the plane home :P) Brian and I hugged hello, and he thanked me for his birthday card. That was definitely not a problem for me! I talked to Eric M., Eric H., and Nathan for a while: I dragged my sister over so that I could hug her hello in front of Eric M. When she asked Nathan how life without Jon was, he responded: "It's so very hard. I mean, he's my arm! How can I survive without my arm?!" Typical funny Nathan. :D

I talked to Randal for a while: since the May 21 half-day prayer retreat up at Mission doesn't cost me any money, I might go. (I was under the impression that it cost a whole whack of money) He offered me a ride there, but said that Connie could also arrange a carpool. Well, I'll see.. it's from 10 to 4, and it IS the long weekend. He also said that he lost interest in my copy of Vancouver, so he would return it to me later. (the second half wasn't quite as interesting) But he did say that The Wild, White Goose: The Diary of a Female Zen Priest sounded interesting... when I'm done with it (in a few months :P), I'll lend it to him. He asked if I was going to Sunday School, since the ride to Frog Hollow is lonely for him. Wish I could help the poor guy out, but I help with the toddlers. (who cry, and are mostly well-behaved)

After listening to my sister and her friends (Vanessa, Jackie, Melia, Karen Grace, Margaret, Erin, and others) scream themselves hoarse, we all decided to go our separate ways. I said hi to Kevin, Andrea, Sheena, and Irene before going to the front of the church. I saw Joe, Helen, and their new baby Nathaniel there: he looks very cute! I talked a bit to them, Karen K., and Lee before going in to help with the toddlers. They were a weepy, rambunctious lot today!

After Sunday School, I talked to the twins Adam and Andrew: they called me "Lassie," asked about my sister, and generally talked to me about stuff. It was cool; I should talk to the youth of the church more often. My sister greeted Anita with, "Who's the hottie in red?" Like other people, Anita didn't recognize her at first because she had long straight hair instead of curly frizz! At lunch, my dad's friend Uncle Bick showed us his Australian money: it IS all plastic and feels different than our currency... very neat!

It's going to be fine having my sister back for good, depending on where she finds a job. I'll take her out for steak and key lime cheesecake at Cimona's, the restaurant I went to last week with my parents and aunt. It'll be cool when my brother gets back, as well. We can all hang out together, and I can give Nathan my ginger ice cream!

My sister just showed me her new yellow panties, and then asked: "Who ELSE would touch your boobies? I'm your sister!" I was instantly jealous of her underwear (I think it's the bright color), and didn't give her any answers to the last question since that was unacceptable.

I just saw something about a Scrabble meetup on my friendsfriends page. Too bad I don't think I can make it out since I really don't feel like going to Metrotown two times in three days. There are other reasons, but that's the main one. Ah well. Some other time, maybe. Or not, as I think I'll lose even at Scrabble. (My nice friends: "But you're so GOOD with words! You'll kick their butts and everyone will bow down to you!") Haha, I can only dream of achieving domination at Scrabble in the Bread Garden... I'll just have to satisfy my and Dave's curiosity later on! Sure, someone's TOLD me how you play board games at the Bread Garden... but there's nothing like seeing it for yourself... which I hope to do before the year is out. Heh.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home