Saturday, April 23, 2005

Got blubberschnitzel?

As soon as Eric picked me up tonight, he teased me as usual. Then he adopted an Italian accent and started talking about pizza. We then talked about the news, Christian songs, and other general stuff. These car rides are always very amusing, even if he DOES jokingly think I'm responsible for a carbon monoxide leak in a local school basement. Although he does say that he'd ask the politicians in the electoral race this all-important election query: "Got blubberschnitzel?" *laugh*

When we got to church, I talked to Citrus / Danielle / Dawn / Randal / Lee / Lily / Karen / Billy / Dylan / Andy / Derek. We discussed tonight's attendance, cooking chicken and Chinese food in general, helping Randal cook, being a longshoreman (with gang ties), our weeks, and how we were. I also shared some of my chocolate caramels with them as a snack / dessert.

After Fellowship, I went downstairs. Christon asked me why I hadn't left yet: the simple answer to that one was provided by my pointing to Eric, who *is* my ride these days! Then he said that he wasn't thinking, and that his brain must be in shutdown mode already. His friends used to tease him about being dumber in the summer, and I told him that I'd read something a long time ago that proved that it was actually true. Eric then decided to join the conversation and tease Christon: "You're always dumb... I don't notice a difference between summer and winter!"

Sheena complimented me on my UT hoodie, and asked if my brother had sent it. I told her that my sister had, and that it was really handy since I didn't want to wear my pink flambe jacket when the weather's warming up. Jason then mentioned that it would be 24° tomorrow! Then I told Sheena that I'd decided to wear the hoodie when I was out at 9 AM this morning. Just because it's sunny out, doesn't mean it'll be WARM! :P

Then Jason, Janette, Juliana, Eric, Christon, Sheena, and I stood around for a while: we all discussed the Daniel Fellowship camp next week, and suggestions on getting to know the people better in the other church congregations. I told Sheena that Eric needed the sheet with camp directives on it, even if it was the same one that got recycled every year. Eric protested, saying that he KNEW what time he'd leave work on Friday. Hey, I look out for my good friends... what can I say? Eventually, Sheena said she'd type it up and send it to him somehow.

On the way home, Eric put on a Scottish accent for a while. The Tea Party came on the radio, so I told him that I had the best Tea Party album. (Edges of Twilight) Eric asked me if I had any more Tea Party albums, and I said no. Then I thought he asked me another question about whether I had any tea parties in general, so I said no. This was greeted with a totally incredulous look, and his telling me that I didn't make sense. That was a total miscommunication, obviously. At least I gave him the seaweed and the sugar-free chocolate!

Now Corey and I are talking about weird sex stuff. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home