Thursday, April 21, 2005

Meeting Mr. Two-Names

We had a nice time together: he didn't mind being dragged out to all the Chinese shops while I bought various things, like the seaweed for Eric. He seemed to enjoy it, and said so at various times throughout the afternoon. We went to the Richmond Public Market, where I broke him of his bubble tea virginity: I had mango, and he had strawberry. He's a lightweight, since I had to finish his for him a couple hours later as we were sitting outside London Drugs talking about his colorful past. I was definitely very nervous, and he could definitely tell. Heck, we had some discussions about how comfortable I was with various things... ranging from innocuous statements to something more.

He actually didn't mind while I went to various places, either. I got sugar-free chocolate for Eric, and a Bathroom Reader for Danielle. We sat for quite a while near London Drugs and just talked, getting to know each other. It took him time to get up the courage to hold my hand, and I initially pulled away since I had no idea what he was up to. But it was quite nice, and I wasn't uncomfortable at all. Later, we went to Richmond Centre and walked around for a bit. I found I couldn't maintain the fiction of being a creature who never goes to the bathroom. Afterwards, we talked some more: it was nice sitting together companionably, and just chilling.

So we went to my place, and just chilled. We had an interesting time, let's just say. I called Eric afterwards to make Friday plans... he answered the phone in Spanish again, so we had another bilingual conversation. He was playing the guitar, so I said I'd tell him the story about that guy later... of course, I hadn't told him on the weekend. So I said that I'd met a friend, but I'd tell him what happened tomorrow. Then he wanted to know why I couldn't just tell him: uh, because said guy was in the room? (although Palmer claims not to care) I'll probably do better telling him in the car... then again, maybe not! At least we settled on a time of 7 before hanging up, haha.

Right now, Palmer and I are going to eat dinner... then maybe watch a little TV. Really.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home