Saturday, April 16, 2005

Fort Knox envelope, wedding banquet, babies, food, friends / Japanese Name Generator

As soon as Eric picked me up tonight, he started in with the Parisienne fart lever noises. I knew he'd blame it on me, but it's all in fun. I noticed a haircut that he'd had recently... no, I hadn't noticed it on Sunday! He told me about the score he'd received on the Strong Bad emails quiz, and criticized the poor spelling / grammar / quiz questions. At least he turned the heat up when I asked, but he thought I'd be boiling in my pink jacket. (he also did a funny parody of the Police's Roxanne: "Leslie, put on your pink jacket...") Later, he made some beeping noises to test my endurance... at least he stopped when he could tell it was annoying me. I said hi to Daniel, Derek, Hon, Sabrina, Jessica L., Karen L., Chalaine, Eunice, Nathan, Jen, Dawn, Vivian, and Jackie. We had a very interesting speaker tonight at church, who told us about a Bible reading method that we'd never tried before. It slowed us down, and certainly spoke to us all. A bunch of people asked me how I'd gotten there tonight: Eric, of course! :D

I finally saw Andy, and gave him his very late birthday card. He read it after he untaped the "Fort Knox" envelope, and hugged me in thanks. Randal thought the stickers I included were cute, so I told him to wait a few more months for his. Vanessa told me that Michael had the Da Vinci Code, so I don't have to buy it. That reminds me that I really should get some of the teens' MSN information on Sunday, perhaps. Jason had seen from my MSN name that I had an incoming aunt, so I told him about it when he asked me. (I also told Eric about the aunt later when he asked if I was going to be hosting anyone at my place)

I asked Anita whether my siblings were invited to her banquet. We're currently talking about her special day right now on MSN. She says I'm an awesome friend, and awesome at understanding things... hey, you can't have everyone at the banquet since it's expensive and such no matter how much you might want them there! There's this other church couple that's getting married on the same date: Jeff and Anita had picked the date about a year before they did! They got engaged in January 2004, booked the church and hotel in April 2004, and found out in December that the other people had picked the same date! But my brother and sister both do definitely understand that it can't be a Daniel / Michelle or Sarah / Vernon type of wedding... the ceremony invite is fine! We're also talking about the stress our dad's sister has put our mom under... aiyoh! More notice would have been good. :P

Sheena and I talked about her mother, little sister, and church. We also discussed her friend's summer exchange trip to England, and my brother's past trips to Russia / Amsterdam / Ireland / Scotland. She's trying not to nap so much since it messes with your natural sleep cycle... boy, do I ever know what she means! She also asked if I was going to camp with them... nope, I'm not in their group! We're not sure if we're going to the Summer Conference in July, either. I know my brother's likely not going, as the GCBC conference is at the same time... Bruce Waltke is a great speaker and an expert on the Old Testament, but they'll have a nasally-voiced speaker that they'll have to listen carefully to!

Helen K. told me that she and Lauren had seen Helen C., Joe, and little Nathaniel last week: I haven't seen little Matthew (Lauren's son) because I wasn't there at Winnie's baby shower last week. Apparently, Helen looks good for someone who just had a baby: inducing labor is very painful, so that's good to know for future reference. I talked to Winnie about her baby: she's having a girl, and the baby's due in about a month. She and Maxine were trying to suck in their pregnant bellies, to the great amusement of Frances / Billy / Stella / Tim. Sophia can do it pretty well for now!

A few of us were talking about the Rice Krispie squares, strawberries, dip, chips, other fruit, cookies, and other snack items that we had for refreshments. Connie, Andy, Randal, Karen K., Cindy, and I were talking about the Sun Run on Sunday. When Andy mentioned to us that his hometown in Saskatchewan had almost no recycling, Cindy thought that they should be like the Maritimes since it's on an island and self-sufficient. She also mentioned that Becky hates it there because it's so flat, although Andy tells us that there are some pretty parts in the northern part of the province. We also discussed the grain elevators: Randal thinks that they can be readily converted into hotels / tourist attractions!

When Eric and I left, Citrus mentioned seeing him online playing World of Warcraft. On the way home, he did a weird imitation from the Price is Right. I told him that I should have saved him some seaweed, which was pretty random. He asked whether I'd talked to "Mystery Memphis" this week... of course, I told him the truth of what happened. Eric wondered if "Mystery Memphis" knew about him since I mention him in my blog: he might know about Eric, but I've never told him much about my very dear friend! The content of the new rock and the classic rock stations was sickening, so we switched to the Christian station instead. He asked if I'd seen Jon's MSN display picture with a loud hyper girl named Steph who wasn't my sister... nope, since I use Trillian. (I've seen it now... Jon thinks it's hilariously cute in an Asian touristy sort of way :P) Then he convinced me to upgrade, which I'll do later. Then he wondered who my mom thought I should get together with, and whether she still thought he should be with Elaine or Cindy. I have no idea on either, but I'll ask her for him later. All in all, it was a very good time out! :D






Your Japanese Name Is...









Sanako Rokujochigusa



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home