Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Pasta Tuesday, my dad's sister, cleaning, food, shredded pork, spicy seaweed, Big Crazy

My parents took me out for a Boston Pizza Pasta Tuesday lunch; I had the chicken and mushroom fettuccine. While we were eating, my mom said that my dad's sister Janis would be coming here in a couple of weeks. She doesn't come here very often, and has confirmed with my dad that she'll be going to Victoria on a Chinese overnight tour for part of that time.

She's staying for a week, and they want me to take her in for about half that time. ("You have a lot of room and it would help! Besides, you can get to know her better since she's related to you by blood... her English isn't that bad!") I could have refused, but didn't really want to. Who knows, it may not be that terrible... although I'm thinking Janis might be horrified by the hours I keep. ;)

That means I have to clean this place as best I can in the two weeks I have remaining to me, and then try to adjust to having a guest here that I hardly know. She came here once at least ten years ago, but didn't stay at the family home: she did give me and my siblings $20. Not each, but as a lump sum. My mom is hoping that since she's single and makes more money now, she'll give me more money. I'm not even thinking about that. We'll see what happens, though.

After lunch, we went to buy some groceries at Superstore. Since I was thinking about breakfast food for Janis, I bought some bread and eggs. (plus some noodles and soup: pasta e fagioli / chicken and pasta soup... I also bought some French onion-flavored instant noodles) My mom says she'll bring me some peanut butter, jam, and cereal. She gave me some dried mango snacks and mini yogurt tubs. Apparently, they'll mostly be eating lunch and dinner out, so I don't need to worry about that. I'm not sure what kind of snacks she'll like, but I'm not going to think about that either for now. I also bought a new clock for only $2.84! Yay!

Afterwards, we went to Big Crazy: it's an Asian store that sells food items and Chinese cutlery for cheap prices. I got a 100-pack of spicy seaweed, and a tub of shredded pork. Those things taste good, despite how they sound! *laugh* That made my day, for sure! I'll see what happens in two weeks: I'll probably be on here less, sigh. I'd call Janis my aunt, but we're not that close. It's like what my brother said when our dad's dad passed away a few years ago: "Yeah, he was my grandfather, but I never met him!" (we had to explain to our friends why our dad was in Taiwan at that time)


Picture of shredded pork:




Picture of seaweed snacks:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home