Saturday, March 12, 2005

Talking to Eric is a panacea indeed....

I was SO afraid I'd break down and cry tonight in Eric's car! Thankfully, that didn't happen. Vanessa also complimented me on the UT hoodie that Steph finally remembered... that felt nice. Also made plans over the phone with my best friend Yazmine... I'd better not space out like I did last week! Mostly spent my time (aside from Bible Study and such) talking to Eric, which made me feel a lot better. He knows what happened earlier this week, since he was asking about my "harsh" MSN name on Wednesday night. Here's a sampling of what we talked about:


* picking apart the grammar in one line of the Our Lady Peace song Automatic Flowers (the pop-up book is the subject, not the flowers!)

* making me guess various TV / cartoon / videogame themes (Seinfeld, the Simpsons, X-Files, Garfield and Friends, Duck Tales, Super Mario Bros., Inspector Gadget, Star Wars Theme, Imperial Death March which I played in Band, Warcraft characters and their "Stop touching me! Why are you bothering me?" when you clicked on them too much, Final Fantasy II, Duck Hunt, Dragon Warrior, etc.)

* what happened this week (Eric thinks we can't live without each other; getting me to admit that we were "sorta kinda together-ish;" a tasteless site called the Giver that I remembered when he said he was the giver of affection; the Nine Inch Nails reference he made in a message about "picking up the pieces" that I found funny, even though the actual content wasn't! :P )

* my siblings getting back from Toronto soon (Steph gets back on Mother's Day, and Jon gets back a week or so later)

* my tendency to lapse into "valley girl speak" (even "I am SO not a valley girl, you know? Like, whatever, darling!" *rolleyes* )

* future Sunday rides when needed (I'll remind him later!)

* my brain being the consistency of goo (jokes about my getting Alzheimer's REALLY early)

* World of Warcraft stuff like elves, armbands, and character levels (he asked how I knew he got it... Citrus told me last week!)

* what our weeks in general were like (jokes about White Spot)

* the song 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall

* the time when Eric / Jon / Dawn / other Richmond people were going to camp, and someone said: "White people just age faster!" without thinking about Eric's presence with them in the car... whoops!

* more jokes about my being crazy in general, all of my OCDL (Obsessive-Compulsive Detail Lunatic) tendencies, my not having (much of) a grasp on reality, Blubberschnitzel, traffic light cakes, etc.

* gas prices (they can put them up to past a dollar a litre now, with a third digit! *thud* )

* possible parties at my place, and the last time people went there (No, I wasn't / am not trying to steal Chinese Eric from his girl Fay! Although that reminds me... I really should tell him and Erik about what has happened this week! Later when I see them online, then!)

YAY for spending a lot of time talking to one of my favorite people! :D


Right now, Darren's reassuring me about what happened: distance, nobody's fault, things just happen, treating myself, etc. My new friend Jenny and I are discussing some hot Australian guy she knows, too... maybe good times ahead for me, haha! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home