Monday, February 28, 2005

LFA drama, philosophers

There's a bit too much drama going on in a certain online community at the moment. Not sure what I'll do at this point, whether it's staying or leaving. It just reminds me of this place and its multitude of various anonymous / trainwreck / snark communities. I'm not really sure what the current incarnation is called, and I'm not sure I want to know! Given the trend of SDMB people setting up new anonymous communities once old ones die / are deleted, I wouldn't be surprised at all if another snarky community were set up in place of the one that is now gone.

To me, that behavior is immature. I know people might feel the need to vent (even about literal formless blobs of the Internet), but you don't really need to set up a community for it. Just vent in your personal journals / via IM, and it should be enough! Then again, I know the dynamic all too well of how people love to snark together since they do need distractions from their own issues. As I was telling Asa earlier, I have problems with people and need to vent. But do you see me setting up a community targeting another one, or even specific people? No, I find my distraction elsewhere. Aiyoh.


You scored as Saint Thomas Aquinas. You are perhaps spiritual, but not necessarily. Thomas Aquinas was one of the saints that did not follow the pack. He was a precursor to libertarianism and what is now conservatism.

Saint Thomas Aquinas

70%

Immanuel Kant

60%

Lawrence Kohlberg

50%

Ayn Rand

45%

Karl Marx

35%

Who is your Philosopher?
created with QuizFarm.com


This quiz reminds me of the Philosopher Kings / Prozzäk. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home