Sunday, February 27, 2005

"I have a grasp on reality, but I choose to ignore it!"

Spent a lot of time with Eric M. and my other friends today, and I think my mood's better and less distracted for it! Just talking to my mom for barely a minute wasn't the greatest, so at least I have friends to rely on. (although of course it's no real substitute for family at times, I know)

Eric warned me that his water bottle would try to escape out the car window, so I had to keep an eye on it.. sure, that wasn't a problem. He also insisted that I still had to keep my BootyBase (which he'd seen in high school) in some form, otherwise I wouldn't remember everyone's birthdays and such. After it got erased in June 2003, I haven't kept up with the database at all. But I *do* have Excel on this computer, so maybe I'll start it up again, with a backup copy somewhere. Just don't tell Eric! ;)

Told Eric about a U-Haul prank call that I have on here, as well as Corey's family getting banned from their local U-Haul last week. (the boss stuck up for his rude employee, which they were having none of :P ) I also said that I wouldn't defenestrate his water bottle: to him, that's a word that only my "vocabulary buddies" would understand! (yes, I explained what it meant.. he claimed it didn't make sense!)

That reminds me of a few years ago, when he was questioning my use of "capacious" (which he applied to my booty, not my mind :P ), "castigation" (he thought I'd said "Calvinistic"... not outside the context of Sunday School / baptism / membership classes!), and other words. Then there was the time when I used "euphonious"... he thought I'd said "euthanaisiouus." (um, no!) But he DID know what "euphonious" meant. Since he's a musician, I'd very much hope so! (Spoz lets my big fluffy vocabulary words just float by him, and he had this reaction to the word "interrobang" once: "What the *bleep* is an interrobang? Should I go defenestrate myself?!" *laugh* )

Talked to Christon for a bit: I learned that his birthday is Oct. 2, so it will be a while. His long eight-month Edmonton co-op term starts on May 19, so he'll probably leave after his summer course ends on May 16 or so. He also needed three consecutive days of afternoon naps, which he's never done before. I'm not that surprised; he's busy with church, school, baptism class, and the choir!

Alan was telling me and Dianne about his massage therapy.. it cost $75 for a session with somebody who wasn't even a registered massage therapist. He had issues with how the therapist wouldn't let him open his eyes, and thought that she should have walked on him instead of just rubbing him. Those places do smell like aromatherapy oils and such, though... I remember having that done after my car accident.

Danielle thought Tracy had already left for Ohio, since she wouldn't be at the Saturday church anniversary dinner. Tracy actually leaves in July, and will be out of town for other reasons next weekend. We saw Eric H. and talked to him before he left to do other stuff: he has to keep his promises, and we do miss him! (I do think I should stop worrying him with my MSN names, haha) Danielle and I joked that we'd bug him all this week over MSN about being at Fellowship on Friday... we need to triple-check what he says, haha! We also saw Brian, who was back for another few hours before he had to leave again... we'll see him in the summer. Fidela's coming back for the dinner.. maybe it's her Reading Break, since that's a long way to come just for that! (even if it IS an important church event and such!)

Danielle and I were patiently waiting for the guys to get back from Sunday School afterwards... Citrus' mom thought we were stranded! No, they just end late and talk a lot afterwards! Before we had lunch, Eric and Nathan were looking for Dylan since he had Eric's guitar. No luck, since he'd apparently left already. Citrus, Danielle, Jen, Dawn, Nathan, Eric, and I were also trying to decide what to have for lunch: Nathan brought up McDonald's and Red Robin's, but we girls would rather have Pho on the grounds of healthiness and the $20 expense.. even if Jen and I didn't have any cash, and eventually had to get Dawn to cover for us! Danielle thought my parents were trying to talk to me from a distance: it would HELP if they actually talked to me when they're right by me, sheesh! (my sister did remember my hoodie, and my mom threw in some socks and preserved vegetables for me.. nice!)

At lunch, Jen ordered a #69 (Grass Jelly Drink with ice)... this caused Nathan to make several immature high school jokes, which went over her head. Considering that Nathan and Citrus had been discussing their BAD pick-up lines of three weeks ago (let's NOT go there again, thanks! :P ), we wondered what sort of odd high school he'd gone to. Eventually, we told Jen that she didn't need to know what "69" was: I even advised her against doing a Google Image Search for it, or even any kind of general Net search. (Dawn: "DON'T click on the links! Text should be enough!") Citrus thought that was Nathan, but I said that.. I told him that it was contagious! We certainly weren't going to tell her anything! I said that it had to do with sex (she figured it did), and Nathan told her to think about how the 69 was designed. (yes, we discuss this stuff even though we're church people!)

We talked about the upcoming combined Summer Conference at Trinity, and the university rules for their students. I told them about how my brother had put six packets of sugar in his coffee mug during lunch during the last one ("one word, Jon... diabetes!"), since Danielle said that the coffee she'd had as part of breakfast was making her edgy. (Citrus' dad put LOTS of sugar in her cup!)

Dawn told us a hilarious story about the time when Karen and Vivian had eaten at the same Pho place. They wanted to split a bowl of noodles, but the waitress didn't understand their request for an extra bowl. Finally, they said: "Okay, can we have two #9s? Only for one of them, can you just leave the noodles and soup and meat OUT of it?" Speak their language, and they WILL understand you eventually! ;)

On the way home, I asked Eric if he'd be going to the Easter Sunrise Service. He said he probably would be, but that it was a bit far to tell for sure. I just wanted to get a general idea, and I will ask him closer to the actual date... if he goes, I might. It was neat the last (and only) time I went in 2003, even if I was short on sleep! (I'll always remember Shannon's hilarious line when she heard about this: "What's the point? You can always celebrate Easter when you're in bed sleeping! Besides, you already LIVE at church!") I mentioned that it could be a long day: Sunrise Service, regular church stuff, and then a baptismal service afterwards. No wonder Mark mentioned being "all churched out" when someone turned on a televangelism program that time we went to Vernon's after Fidela, Chrystal, Eric, Jackie, Calla, and Melia got baptized in July 2001! ;)

He also put on Scottish and Russian accents for me, sung along to a Radiohead song, talked about dry snot and molasses ("slow as molasses... does anyone even HAVE that anymore?!"), tried convincing me that I was crazy and he wasn't, and asking me about being out of the continent. When he asked what I'd be up to this week, I said that I had no idea. Then he asked what I'd done this past week: when I said that I'd made plans with a friend, he branded it as an "illegal activity." I protested that, and he amended it: "The planning may not be illegal, but what you plan to do probably is!" (reminds me, I should call Yazmine if we're getting together on Friday) Such a joker.. gotta love him! Eric also memorably insisted: "I have a grasp on reality, but I choose to ignore it!" Whatever you say, dude!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home