Sunday, February 27, 2005

Matchmaking and online friends

Just got off the phone with my mom: when I said Eric gave me roses on Valentine's Day (my dad called Toronto to tell my mom and siblings this), I didn't mean WHITE Eric! They were apparently having a roaring old time discussing the possibility of me and Eric going out when they were at Niagara Falls: he was sick that day, and Veronica (his mom) probably wouldn't have told him to get me flowers anyhow! It's not MY fault they automatically assume that "Eric" means Enrico... they *have* met Chinese Eric before, and it's FINE if he went to my house alone when he has a girlfriend (Fay) in China! She also asked me why I didn't tell her that Eric had gotten a job in January: they didn't ask either me or Eric recently, so we didn't tell. :P (she heard it from my brother) Then she wanted to match me up with Rich, white Eric, Chung Yan, and Dylan... they're nice enough (even if I'm single), but she apparently wants to see me settled so I can give her lots of grandkids to see. *rolleyes* My brother and sister are "too young" for this, according to her. Aiyoh, shoot me now so I don't have to live this sham. :P

Yes, I've met a few of my online friends.. they know certain details about me, but most of them don't seem to be weird psychos like she thinks! Sure, you can never tell about online people, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt. While I'm here, I don't want them to guilt trip me over not going out with them this week... it's my life, darn it! Speaking of white Eric, it's a good thing he didn't ask about a certain Memphis someone this week... I wouldn't have known what to say. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home