Monday, January 31, 2005

Odd names / My prescient powers and how they relate to Matt and Cris

I found the name Zillion Wong as I was reading the paper today. Reminds me of a guy named Zen Tan that I went to junior high school with. Some people choose weird names for themselves, that's for sure! ;)




I am so envious right now, I could crush something!

I mentioned my friends Matt and Cris elsewhere just now. I'm happy they've found each other (even fairly fast) after all the stramash that they went through in their previous relationships, but why am I still not willing to accept it? If they've bonded with each other, that's great and all. But now I'm still reeling and in shock... granted, I just heard this five minutes ago. It's not that I have designs on either one of them... not at all. I just can't believe this is happening.

One part of me predicted that two people from that LDR community would find each other after the stramash of their previous relationships... but I never thought it would actually happen, and especially not involving two people I knew! I swear I have sporadic prescient powers or something. I had them on May 10, 2003 about my ex-friend IM'ing me as soon as I got online.. and they were proven right that time.


On 20 August 2001, a bunch of us were at Vernon's house for Denise's farewell party. (she was going to the Caribbean to study medicine) Eric M. noted my full plate of food, and asked if I was going to get some chips after I finished. I told him that I'd be quite full, and added the question of whether he wanted me to be a martyr to indigestion and stomach pains. Since he was sold on the definition of a martyr as someone who dies for a particular cause (usually used in a religious context), he asked if I'd die of it. I then had to educate him on the other definition of "martyr." (one of many times I tried to expand his vocabulary.. he says mine's too big for him, the dear boy) Then a few weeks later, after having been at Keith's for prayer meeting BBQ.. I ate rather a lot of food. Predictably a few hours after I got home, I had that very thing I was talking to Eric about at Vernon's (the indigestion and stomach pains).. yes, I'd been half-joking that time, but wow.. that was SO weird in a way!

Okay, so three really memorable times in under four years isn't an established track record or anything. I don't care, as I'm not claiming to be psychic.. if such a thing exists, which I don't really believe in. So there. :P



Excuse me while I go scream out the window.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home