Friday, December 31, 2004

NYE sickness and ramblings / Resolution Blogthing

Yup, the last day of the year. This isn't necessarily the last post I'll make for the year, but 2004's been an interesting year. Love, life, relationships, old and new friends... it has all been a neat learning experience, and good for the quirkiness factor! ;)

I took an almost five-hour nap earlier this evening, and I probably needed it! Checked my email to find that Stella had replied to my message asking for ride info for tomorrow's gathering at her place for NYE. Lee and Lily have become sick, Phil and Dylan (which she spelled "Dhillon") might be able to give me a ride, and she doesn't feel that comfortable passing me off to Alan's friend Peter Yeung since he's a stranger / very new. I replied back to her to say that I've gotten sick myself, so will stay home. Besides, I don't want to get everyone else sick into the bargain!

My mom will probably say that I need to spend more time with the family on NYE and the day afterwards, but there's not much point to it if I'm sick. It's true that I asked her to make beef stroganoff for NYE, but I don't feel like eating much! She'll probably try to guilt-trip me into going anyhow because Dave's family is going to be at the townhouse, or say I'm very bad for not going. I believe she'll have to get over it, since my health should be a priority over family time... even if my siblings are only going to be here for a few days more! Ah well, what can you do? I'm going to stay home unless I really DO feel better... I'm not going to let myself be influenced because of some stupid guilt trip from someone. :P

MSN still has a mind of its own, but I'm nonetheless trying to hold a conversation with my brother. It's way too late to call, so I should tell him now. God Bless Technology, haha! He thinks I'm silly, in part because I was paranoid about slipping on Nate's floor yesterday. Jon also told me to go to sleep right now, but I can't because of that five-hour nap... I got up at 10:25! So we'll see what happens... if the pharmacy next door is open tomorrow, I might buy up zinc then. I'm going to make myself some spicy soup once I feel like I can eat again, too. At least the nap helped me, and I feel a bit better right now. That doesn't mean I'm 100% better, of course. :P

Despite everything, I wish someone were here to take care of me when I'm sick. Of course, this may be due to the fact that I live alone. I have nobody to bring me a glass of water / aspirin / soup / medicine / other stuff I want when I need it, and don't feel like getting out of bed. If my mom read this, she'd insist I go to their place ("home") so that the family can take care of me: not unless it gets really bad! (which it's not) I guess we'll see if I get better over the next few days...






Your New Years Resolution Should Be: Move out of mom's basement





While free food and mom doing your laundry are nice...
Aren't you getting a little sick of the wood paneling?
So suck it up and get your own place.
It's much easier than sneaking out overnight guests in the morning!




Hahaha, I'm far removed from it now! :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home