Monday, August 04, 2003

Yahoo Email is Borked, Again!

My email STILL is not accessible.. this seems to have been the longest it's been out of commission. I was last able to check it on Saturday afternoon at around 2-ish. Just had to restart my Yahoo Messenger due to a Net DC / illegal operation, and it said that I had 123 new messages. Now the true number of messages is likely to be closer to 140. (then again, there was this time where I simply didn't check my email for a day or so.. it had 142 messages then, and I think I'll break the dubious record)

(note: "DC" means "disconnection")

I have NO idea what is up with Yahoo or the site.. the problem may just be with my computer, as Yahoo Mail works for my friend Corey. But I certainly wish I could check it soon.

If I do get to check it, I think I'll delete all the stuff that's piled up in there over the past few days. (except for the pretty good stuff like the Bonehead Awards, News of the Weird, Heroic Stories, This is True, etc.)


I don't think I'll read through all my ArcaMax subscriptions, either. (though I've especially missed my Human Factor and Weird News subscriptions through that service) There could be some actual email piling up that's important enough for me to read.. but I'm not so sure about that. ;) Maybe it'll work if I dump (almost?) all my cookies again.

I was discussing all my email woes with the Spoz-meister this morning. He seems to think that I'll have about 60% SDMB mailer notifications / 25% spam / 15% actual email. Guess I'll have to let him know about it if and when I can actually access my email again. Personally, I think I'll have at least 35% SDMB mailer notifications / 40% spam / 25% actual email. (email newsletter subscriptions count toward the actual email, and I won't read most of the actual email unless it's really important)

Should I change my email address? No idea.. *sigh*

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home