Sunday, April 20, 2003

Sunrise Service, hilarious quotes about Easter and being a reverend

Got up at 6, and attended the sunrise service. It was quite good, and about what I expected. Kinda caused a bit of a ruckus with a tai chi group at 7:15-ish, but then that was probably because they didn't expect us to be there singing celebratory songs. :) Had a great breakfast at a restaurant afterwards.. I think it was good to experience for one year, at least. We'll see about next year, though it was good. Definitely had good times at church later, as well. Although.. Quan was crying because I'd given her sister candy to share among the three of them, but I don't know if Hien did share. Maybe I should have bought an extra bunch of chocolate eggs for Quan and her friends.. now I feel really bad. Oh well.. always some other time, perhaps.

This has definitely been a week for the funny quotes, too.. always a good thing! :)

HILARIOUS QUOTES OF THE WEEK (6)

"Who? To Spoz?" -- lel, upon my telling her that it took me at least 45 minutes to compose an email to someone. (Tuesday, Apr. 15) [I have NEVER taken 45 minutes to compose an email to that dude.. in fact, the email was to my friend Bill :P]

"dude.. you're having a weird reminiscing moment.. SNAP OUT'VE IT :P" -- Spoz, judging my reaction to his prank "Hot or Not" picture.. hey, allow me my memories of Eric M. and the sun shining upon him in a truly beautiful way! (Wednesday, Apr. 16)

"You were praying for a basket of oranges once, and you got Citrus instead!" -- Nathan to Danielle, while we were discussing weird / amazing answers to prayer. (Friday, Apr. 18) [that was definitely not true :P]

"Violence in hockey doesn't make sense because it's not part of the game, but fighting in football does.. there, it IS part of the game!" -- Alan, trying to "prove" that violence is somehow different when applied to different sports. (Friday, Apr. 18)

"It makes more sense to celebrate Easter while you're in bed sleeping!" -- Shannon (a decided non-churchy person), when she learned that I was debating whether or not to actually go to the Sunrise service. (Saturday, Apr. 19) [no.. it doesn't really.. besides, it was enriching :P]

"I'm an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church, and I keep meaning to go tell the school to list me as a reverend.. it would be interesting to see what would happen in a class if they called out my name like that." -- Corey, telling me why it was all right that his mother slept in today and missed Easter service. (about half an hour ago.. like I really believe that, even though he tells me you can go to some supposedly legit site and have your credentials downloaded from there :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home