Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Diseases and music

Actually talked to my sister this morning / afternoon.. that was nice. It'll be interesting when she gets back, for sure. Says she keeps up with this website sometimes, so I guess I'd better watch what I say about her on this thing. ;)

I was just reading something about all these viruses around the world.. SARS, meningococcal virus (see, I can spell it.. unlike some of you.. and without looking it up, either ;) :P), Ebola, Legionnaire's Disease, etc. No idea if the earth is trying to tell us something, though God may certainly be. Definitely the "wars and rumors of wars" passage in the Biblical book of Revelation might be enough to drive me to eschatology (study of the end times).. I don't know offhand if the passage says anything about killer virii, though. (I'd have to look that up, and I don't feel like doing so right at this moment) Guess we'll see what happens on this journey called life. (and no.. I'm not into eschatology at all, but for those of us that are.. it might help us better understand the current world situation as it relates to the end of the world... aieeeeeeee! run for your lives! :P)

I've heard Frankie Goes To Hollywood's song Relax twice today: once at Boston Pizza, and once on JACK FM. That song always makes me think of the movie Zoolander, for some reason. ;) (those of you who have seen the movie will know what I'm talking about.. those of you that haven't, go rent it coz it's really funny!) It was 1984's best-selling record, and was played by BBC Radio 1 for several weeks before DJ Mike Read discovered that the lyrics were about gay sex.. then it promptly got banned, I assume. (since it's on a list entitled "12 Musical Bans" in my copy of The Mammoth Book of Tasteless Lists)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home