Saturday, April 12, 2003

Jon berating Ty, bubblegum martinis, ERL, and Brit expressions

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARBARA! Hope you have a good one today, wherever you are. :) Lots of school-related memories of you.. like the time I overheard Bill, Jesse, and some of the other guys calling you "Bra".. you certainly kicked their butts hard. (my only regret is that I didn't get Jesse's birthday at all.. hell, I had this mad crush on him for a bit, so I should have.. ah well)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARK! Hope you have an awesome one today.. in fact, I know you will. ;) May you have all the love and blessings you deserve this year.. luv ya!

Last night was certainly fun.. on the way to church, I listened to my brother playfully berate one of his friends via cell phone for not bothering to show up to see a friend of theirs talk about a missions trip that night. Apparently, the dude's excuse was that he either had to go study / play X-Box / entertain his friends over at his place. It was definitely funny listening to him, and I even supplied some words for him to say. "That was my sister laughing.. she says you're a typical gwei loh.. and she says you're a perfidious blackguard.. no, I don't know what it means, dude.. look it up!" I really should have told Jon to tell Tyrone he was meretricious.. after all, it was all in fun, and nothing serious was meant by it. Oh well.. too bad I didn't think of that till after Jon had ended the call. Next time, perhaps.. or I'll simply tell Jon to use the word whenever he wants to scold him. ;)

Later on after Fellowship, trying to get everyone to leave so we could go eat (when some of us hadn't eaten since noon) was the usual fruitless exercise. (especially where my brother was concerned) Once we actually did get to Boston Pizza, we had to spend at least 20 minutes waiting for a table. (Brian said it was Sean's insistence on having all 13 of us sit together, when we could easily have split the tables.. could have been, too.. ya never know with that guy :P)

I saw a bubblegum martini being advertised on the specials sign, so decided to have one since they looked interesting. When it came to the table, Danielle wanted to smell it.. so I let her and Citrus both smell it. (Citrus and Nathan both said Danielle liked to smell strange things) It was SO bubblegum blue, and tasted really good. (those of you who have had bubblegum ice cream will know the approximate color I'm talking about)

When the discussion turned to sports, Danielle was heartily tired of it: she'd heard it on the bus / on the way to church / in church / on the way to BP / in BP / and on the TV in BP. But then we got to discussing Citrus' MSN names, which lately have all sounded like dodgy pick-up lines (that was my opinion, and it was funny to Nathan and Eric). He says there was this day that he changed it 8 or 9 times, but somehow we all missed it. I'll probably list some of them here later.. no real time to do so now.

All in all, a fun night out with friends. (definitely what I needed) I went to bed later than I should have, thanks partly to an email I received that I somehow had to answer at 2 AM. (and an entertaining MSN convo) But it's all good.. now to prepare for more fun times tonight!

This morning, I got an offline YM message from E (yes, the same E I was ranting about earlier).. says he's sorry for being out of communication for so long, that it was a longish story (no bloody doubt, if it's the story I'm thinking of), that he's back in action now (um.. yay?), and that he hopes I'm not mad. Hmm. Don't know on the last part, really. Not sure I'm MAD.. no accounting for taste, and the hope that they'll find each other meretricious still is strong in me. (as well as the one about it fizzling out eventually) But I have no idea.. right now, I don't know if I can deal. So I'll just leave that one in abeyance temporarily. (I will tell him stuff maybe.. we'll see) Bubble wrap therapy rules. ;)

Aiya.. I just got an email from him as well, titled "Where I've Been." Believe me, I know quite well where he's been.. probably exercising his option to not have taste by getting it on with Ms. Dissy Chick. Eh.. might as well take a look at it. Remember: drama-free zone! (affecting me a bit much, I know.. weird how strong feelings come to the surface when you didn't know you had them) Trying to let that be my mantra, hahaha. At least he's trying to explain.. I'll give him that much, even if I don't think much of his "girlfriend." (and maybe I've been letting that consume me for far too long)

Gobshite and gor blimey! (to use two amusing Brit expressions I never do in real life) He's caught up on this blog.. aiya. Says he gets into a hermit mode sometimes.. now that's something I might not do, since I've got certain "important parts of the computer" to talk to. ;) Apparently, it's more than "oh, I found someone and want to spend all my time with her to the exclusion of all else." Certain other family-related reasons apparently come into play. Said some other stuff too, attempting to explain. (like how his "girlfriend" doesn't recall any past history.. I'll give her that, as it's been some time) Eh.. I'll reply to it now (civilly, mind you!) so I don't have it hanging over my head when I go out later. (and if he's reading this.. YOU HAPPY NOW?!?) Working it out, indeed.. might take time, but we'll see what happens.

P.S. Cornholio rocks! "I need more TP for my bunghole!" Sugar and caffeine overload, indeed... ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home