Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Aussie accents / weird nicknames

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANDREA.. I hope you have a really awesome one today! :) It's been fun at church, and you're a real blessing and encouragement to me.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMIE.. I hope you have a great one today! :) It was fun at school and when we lived across the street from each other years ago. I don't know where you are now, but I hope you're healthy and happy.. ah, memories!

Just before I went out tonight, I was reading something about Aussie dubbed voices in commercials in Australia.. that reminds me: I've noticed Aussie (dubbed?) voices in radio commercials here. At least, there's this guy that sounds like Steve Irwin of "Crocodile Hunter" fame in all those recent Craftsman Collision commercials: "avoid the sneaky North American squeezle!" Then there's the Aussie (?) guy in the commercials for DutchMaster SuperBud: "Australia's a big land, made up of big people, who like big things, so if you want big hydroponic plants.. use this!" Weird stuff, but it certainly makes me notice. :) Not that I need either collision services or hydroponics stuff (me, drive a car or grow pot? nah..), but it's cool to hear 'em.. even if the accents aren't real, hehehe. (though of course, I prefer the real thing.. which is something you don't hear that much around Vancouver, boo hoo.. though maybe at Whistler!)

Speaking of weird nicknames that don't come from my usual source(s) of such, someone I talk a lot to has recently taken to calling me "Dragon Queen." Ah well, my current MSN nickname is "GlowingDragonFlame".. that itself is an old ICQ nickname I chose to resurrect, much like a phoenix.. hehehe. So just exactly how do you get "Dragon Queen" from "GlowingDragonFlame," you may ask? Josh is a gamer.. apparently "GlowingDragonFlame" says "Dragon Queen" to him.. go figure. It's weirdly likeable, but I think I'll change the nickname in the next day or so.

And speaking of commercials, the one they have on now for the Kids Help Phone makes me sad.. kiddy abuse and all, y'know. That's all I am going to say on that subject for now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home