Sunday, October 30, 2011

Metric buttload of stuff / Honey Goldfish / EMI

When Eric called this morning to see whether I was coming out, I told him that I would since I had a metric buttload of shit to give out. Once I saw him, I clarified that I didn't mean literal shit! We talked about the ass Paul, today's meeting, bad drivers, the extremely rainy weather, my not doing Committee next year, yesterday, and more on the way to church. Sure, we were late, but at least I didn't see Paul there! Later, I gave Deb the baby oil as a practical gift before talking to Jeremy about work and stuff. Then I talked to Karen and Lincoln about the sucky weather and our weeks - always good! When Vivian came by, Dylan remembered it was her birthday - at least she was celebrating by going out to dinner after all the meetings she had to attend! I let baby Micah see my shiny keys after talking to Phil and Grace (plus dodging Gavin / Margaret K.), and said hi to little Micah, who waved back.

Learned stuff about Jon C. and Croatia / Molly and China, said hi to Auntie Ying (who knew I'd hung out with Chrystal thanks to Uncle Lewis), and talked to Kevin and Dylan about next week. Went upstairs to Toddler Sunday School - gave Halloween candy to Rachel (via her grandma), Anastasia, Ashley, Jonathan (I had an extra), Mattias (honey Goldfish!), Ramen, Shira, David, and Evelyn. Ashley remembered my name when Jessie was asking her, haha - no one remembered Lanie's, and almost all the kids named their siblings as their friends, hahaha. The kids were prompted to thank me, and Auntie Ying said that I was so thoughtful... hey, the candy was cheap enough that I could rationalize spending $20 for eleven of them! Lanie and I agreed that we could still hear the kids if they yelled into toy boxes, hahaha.

By the time I got downstairs (saying hi to Stella), Eric said that they all were waiting for me - he and I had Pho near the old church with Randal (rode in his car?!), Christon, Jeremy (who left a bunch of stuff this morning), Deb, and Dylan. We talked about how nobody had seen Paul in about a week or so (GOOD), the bad stuff he's going through (KARMA), Randal's dad, Christon's stressful work week caused by someone quitting, Fort St. John, meeting Wes in Chetwynd at a happening 7-11, people buying islands, small group stuff, Martin's wedding, EMI (Sex Pistols!), McDonalds, seniors coffee, iced coffee, and more. Once we got to church, Eric wondered about the usage of the word "incumbent" on the ballot - yeah, questionable stuff there! I was surprised when my stuff was moved after I got back from the bathroom - but found everyone else on the other side of the sanctuary! (Dylan said that the party was happening over there, and has similar sleep issues!)

We were trying to make quorum as usual; Alan was texting Steph about it, and Tracy bemoaned the never-updated membership list since Dianne / Wes / Erin (who's been in Ottawa for years!) are still on it! She said that Brian was being voted in, but he's in Japan! Steph came in for two minutes to vote and leave since she had to work at 3 - she says tomorrow's dinner is near Broadway Station, so that should be fine. Jon bugged me about the email I sent yesterday, and asked whether I'd talked to Paul since I kicked him out - WHY IN THE FRESH HELL WOULD I DO THAT?! He thinks the conversation needs to happen; meh, we'll see! I kept myself distracted by trying to entertain a fussy baby Marcus, who'd missed his nap. We learned that Pastor Tom is leaving us for Toronto really soon!

After the meeting, Eric had to talk to Citrus about STARCRAFT, but it was a lucky thing that Christon was too busy to talk to him. I told him just to EMAIL it instead - I had stuff to do at home, man! We talked about French stuff, cows, pigs, chicken, pizza leftovers, MOTHER 3, MOTHER 1, LUFIA, games in general, potlucks and my having to leave when things were getting good, cash, and more. Got home and talked to Corey briefly via Skype about plane tickets, MOTHER 3, and more - HE'LL BE HOME FOR A MONTH ON DECEMBER 10! That's good news, indeed!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home