Sunday, May 29, 2011

Organic drinks are apparently worth stealing! / Mom KNOWS that Teunis is here?!

Eric picked me up and immediately said that I was a crazy lady, then he started to say weird things in French and Spanish like how I was a mushroom with onions. I updated him on my week, and we talked about that issue / my being "drunk" / venting / video game music / Shanghai Wind / McDonalds ice cream / STARCRAFT references / DARKWING DUCK / SUPER MARIO / abandonment / Beefy Beef after BS on Friday / Alan / Tracy / Christon / Jon / Harmony / Randal / Raymond. We also discussed Steph hosting a playoff party, Teunis just having to deal with the hockey because it's only the third time in 40 years that we've advanced to the Cup Final, Team 1040's commentary lasting for hours before AND after each hockey game, my perhaps having to get a ride home with Sam and Ivan (who weren't here today because of camp) because he might have to do census work at the Downtown Eastside in pairs, Jon Chan's organic pomegranate / melon drinks, my AC/DC shirt being a "devil worship" shirt, and more.

When we got to church (saying hi to Quan / David Ho / David Marr / Adam L. / Andrew L.), I said hi to Lee, who was looking after Cory. I said hi to Cory and asked him where his mom was; I also got a high-five from him. I'd have sat with them when Pat let us in, but I noticed that Mr. Creep (whom I still don't like around the kids) was in that section, so I sat next to Denise in their usual FAR section. After the service, I said hi to Mattias and Auntie Catherine, and Quan jokingly wanted a star sticker. When I saw Mr. Creep talking to Jon, I decided to go have snacks in the fellowship hall before HE could get his hands on them - banana loaf, apples, oranges, bananas, and pastries were on offer. Talked to Adam and Andrew about the sunny weather, hockey tickets (ha ha ha), and more; waved hi to Enoch (talking to Mr. Creep) and Kevin, said hi to Victor / Citrus / Jeremy / Jordan / Thomas / Joshua / Keenan / Stella / Anita / Allison / Jenica, and waved at baby Joanna when she seemed to wave at me. Gave Jon and Harmony the pecan chocolate clusters and other chocolate for their anniversary: he thanked me, and said that the candies wouldn't last long with Harmony around! I also discovered redrum - thank goodness I was prepared!

Harmony tapped me on the shoulder to say that Mom had some stuff for me at the front desk, including a shirt which reminded her of me - I didn't want to know! I got the stuff: a New York hat, a Calvin and Hobbes shirt with "NEW YORK ATTITUDE" on it, and a bunch of cruise ship candies. Then Harmony told me that Mom now knows that Teunis is staying here, since she called them this morning to ask "Is Leslie still staying with that guy?!" WHAT THE. Went upstairs to Toddler Sunday School after a while: saw Mattias, Alexis, David, Evelyn, Ashley, Ramen, Shira, and a new toddler named Felix. (I gave him a bunch of toys when his mom wasn't helping the ten-month-old walk around) Played with the toys and Lego, said hi to Rachel's grandma, and assured Jessie that I'd stay for the whole time - no hockey today! When I got downstairs, I said hi to Grandma, who thought that she hadn't seen me for a long time. One of her friends wanted me to sit down, but I was okay! I asked Mom how she knew that Teunis was over here, and she said that Steph had told her because she tells her EVERYTHING. Right...

Everyone's lunch plans seemed to consist of walking around Commercial to find a patio, since the Lion's Den was out, and so was Randal's suggestion of McDonalds. Luckily, Mr. Creep got too impatient to wait around while everyone decided what to do - when Jon told him "good riddance," I said that THAT was a good call! He showed everyone the NEW YORK ATTITUDE shirt; aiya! We had some of Deb's apple slices; Jon joked that if he didn't know she was pregnant, he'd think that Dylan was fattening her up! He then asked me why I wasn't going to the fellowship retreat since he and Harmony and Eric were; passport and money issues, man! (Deb and Harmony also asked) At least I'll have a free weekend at the end of August! Jon also took one of the organic drinks Eric was holding, haha.

Deb said that one of her friends was taking advantage of the two-hour window after breastfeeding her own baby to have some beer, so we had fun with that. Eric and I just went home even though it'd be a waste of time if he had to go out again, and discussed the usual stuff... he'll possibly go to a playoff get-together. Called Jon at home to say that we wouldn't be joining them for lunch, called Steph to ask WHY she'd told Mom ("I picked her and Teunis up" was an accident?!) / disappoint her by saying that Teunis and I were VERY unlikely to get together in a romantic way / ask about the playoff party she was hosting (on Saturday - all games start at 5 Pacific), discovered an FB chat / wall post message from Vanessa about a noon-ish lunch tomorrow instead of Tuesday (that works - didn't know we had something going on on Tuesday), and found that Matt A. had added me on Facebook. Good times!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home