Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cavities, Homestar Runner / South Park / Spongebob Squarepants, hockey history

My dentist appointment with Sean went okay - drills, lights, watching for headaches, hardening, filling cavities, and more. But then some nosy old guy wanted to know what I was reading at he bus stop - NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Got home to find Teunis awake and mildly complaining about the Homestar Runner mix that I was playing this morning while he was sleeping: "You KNOW that audio invades my dreams, right? Since I have no context about Homestar Runner (having never seen the show), I had REALLY messed-up dreams involving Spongebob Squarepants and South Park!" Sorry, but HAHAHAHAHAHA! Discussed translating, immersion in a language, switching languages (I expect ERIC to do that when he's bugging me...), Valium, immunity to sleeping pills, anime / breaking stereotypes (because he himself definitely doesn't fit into them), Ativan, white grape juice, NOT going to see movies he's ALREADY seen with Kaili tonight since they can't afford it, frozen yogurt, desensitization to "rants," baths, a fried brain, and more.

On 24 May 1994, the Canucks played a Game 5 and advanced to the Stanley Cup finals. Today is May 24th, 2011 - and they're playing another Game 5, seventeen years later TO THE DAY. History will be made - GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

And it's Bob Dylan's 70th birthday today, too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home