Friday, May 27, 2011

Grandma at Shanghai Wonderful, new Bathroom Reader, and actually eating

I made a "no" RSVP for Mike and Emily's wedding, and later Steph called to say that Big G wasn't being picked up till 4 since she has a day program. Good for her, I guess. Then I called Steph later, and she was cranky because Grandma was stressing her out about the bank and such. She called me at 6 to say that Grandma was hungry RIGHT THEN, so she'd pick me up; then I called Eric to let him know that I wouldn't be going to Fellowship tonight. He asked where we were eating; no idea, but I'll probably tell him on Sunday if I don't forget, hahaha. Steph picked me up ten minutes later: we both weren't that hungry since we had late lunches and such, but we KNOW how Grandma gets when she's hungry! We considered the Cactus Club, but it looked busy; Shanghai Wonderful it was!

Grandma annoyed us by insisting that we HAD to eat stuff when she wanted us to (nope), saying I was only there for the food, being REALLY IMPATIENT for the SIU LONG BAO, looking down on the "cheap" food, saying we had to eat the rest of the rice in a huge bowl (which wasn't to her liking since she just wanted an individual bowl), insisting that we hadn't eaten the green onion pancakes when we HAD (she just wasn't paying attention when she was focused on her food), and saying that WE would eat the Shanghai noodles because SHE wasn't going to eat them! Trust us, we know that she only eats rice at dinner and only eats noodles at lunch! At least Steph managed to get a sneaky picture of Grandma and upload it to Facebook, hahaha. Steph and I discussed Jon and Harmony's anniversary card, Grandma's memory,
paying her back for the half-price Uncle John's Bathroom Reader History's Lists (Bathroom Readers' Institute) whenever, Mom's emails, 2008 NHL Star Sticks (Roberto Luongo!) from McDonalds, tea, hot water, ice cream (they actually went to McDonalds later), the Boston-Tampa Bay Game 7 (the Bruins won 1-0), and more. On the way home, Grandma said that Shanghai River was better, possibly because it was more expensive - sigh.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home