Sunday, May 08, 2011

I've successfully avoided my mother on Mother's Day!

NHL refs, welcome to hell!

Eric picked me up shortly after 9, and we were on our way - talked about traffic, last night, the "NO DUH" news story about Canucks fans being disappointed about the loss, my being "drunk," my noting the El Dorado liquor store relocation, and other things. He jaywalked when I told him NOT to - how evil! Once I was at church, I gave the Christmas jellybeans and candy cane to Emily / Nina / Gerard - we talked for a bit about juggling, Awana, Osama bin Laden, Carley, and more. Said hi to Jeremy and Nathan W. once I got back to my own seat; I was surprised that Randal was at church since it was Mother's Day. Every time someone made a reference to that, I winced and said "OUCH" on his behalf, haha - Eric told me later that he seemed to be in good spirits when talking to Jon and Harmony later, but WHO KNOWS. (I'd have said more to him than a question on whether he got my email, but MR. CREEP had to sit by him - no looking behind me today!)

The kids did a cute presentation, spelling out MOTHER: "O is for Old, since she knows she's getting older!" We all laughed at that one, hahahaha! Jeremy missed it since he was elsewhere, but I let him know before Kevin said Jeremy was counting offering with him. I also noticed a funny typo: CHRIS TOMLIN as "CHRIST" Tomlin, hahaha... of course I pointed it out to Nathan! After service, I left quickly to go find Grandma and say hi, who thought I wouldn't remember Auntie Paula - OF COURSE I DO! Went quickly into the fellowship hall before Mr. Creep could get his hands on the snacks (fruit and bagels today), and later observed him talking to Enoch - NO! Laughed at Cordia's silliness, and asked Hien how she was: tired from watching dramas, apparently. Went upstairs / outside rather quickly after that: saw Maxine with baby Emma, said hi to Deb / Joshua / Keenan / Cory (who was hiding from me) / Nicholas / Micah / Isaac / Karen / Stanford / Calla / Auntie May.

When I talked to Chrystal, she went to the toddler room with me: Jessie, Rachel's grandma, Mattias, Ada, Alexis, Ashley, Ramen, Shira, David, and Evelyn were there. (I said hi to Linda, Chung, and Sandi) Had fun playing with them, but I did need to tell them not to run / spit / throw things. Also played with Lego / toy cars / the alphabet, and read books to them: definitely a usual day for me! After that, I went downstairs to find Jon / Wesley / Jeremy / Christon / Eric discussing black ties and funeral wear in general for Tuesday - apparently, Raymond is also a pallbearer, but I guess at least Randal has support. Pastor Tom suggested buying black ties at Sears for their price range. Harmony invited me to lunch, but I decided to pass since I had much stuff to do at home, which wouldn't be improved by having to WAIT to do it! Eric and I discussed my sympathy feelings, white blossoms, the census, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, it being a good thing we didn't go for lunch since I had no cash, French words, BS, and more. Teunis and I have just been discussing WHAT CHILD IS THIS? / GREENSLEEVES melody, the past, flutes, animals, Valhalla, Jethro Tull, the Green Men, hockey, and more. Found a message from Vanessa about tomorrow's plans, which all sound good to me!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home