Monday, December 20, 2010

AIRPLANE and SPY HARD!!!!! / Horse feathers

Steph called me at 5:10 to see if I needed a ride; she slept in, so wasn't at church to hear Jon's sermon, either. She was concerned when I told her about white Eric's scratching his eye! Chinese Eric called ten minutes later, so we were off to the Leslie Nielsen CELEBRATION OF LIFE movie night soon afterward! He had some news for me which definitely made me think that it was time for him to really think about what Nate and I were telling him last night! We also talked briefly about Des while I gave him directions from the gas station to the townhouse. I should have told him to pick me up an hour later because Jon, Harmony, Jeremy, and Nathan didn't get there till almost 7! (but we passed the time by watching the news and declining my mom's offers of chocolate and food - SNOWSTORM IN CALIFORNIA?!) Mom told me to call white Eric; when I did, his dad said that he was about to leave in the car! Yes, of course he was coming... his eye is recovered NOW, but it wasn't in fine shape this morning! Of course Mom was (rightly?) concerned, and offered him some eyedrops when he did get to the townhouse, haha!

AIRPLANE and SPY HARD were pretty funny - luckily, the movies had plenty of visual humor, so even Grandma could get some amusement out of them before she went upstairs to watch Chinese TV! We could definitely understand the innuendo and such that just went over our heads as kids when we watched AIRPLANE years ago, and the lines were pretty funny! "A hospital? What's that?" "A big building with patients." Hahaha, so deadpan! "Stop calling me Shirley." Jeremy was telling us that Weird Al did the intro for SPY HARD (a James Bond parody with JURASSIC PARK / HOT SHOTS parodies), and of course it was true - that was funny enough in itself, oh my!

Steph gave me Ripley's Believe It or Not! Enter If You Dare! (Believe It Or Not! Ripley's) and some spicy green tomatillo salsa from Granville Island, and Mom gave me Guinness World Records 2011 (Guinness Publishing) / two packages of seaweed / Old Dutch jalapeno cheddar chips (which I actually haven't had in some time) / some sweaters and vests / a pair of pants. Haven't decided what to keep yet, haha. I noticed some info about Barbara's memorial service, and figured that Mom would go there - I won't, because I didn't know her very well AND because I never really lived in the complex! It's awful what happened to her, though... :(

After the movies, we talked about SURVIVOR (white Eric's parents watch it) / some two-year-old homebrew of Jeremy's basically tasting like fizzy water now / Nathan's pictures of the Philippines and London (Guy Fawkes bonfire!) / Harmony going home with Steph. While my parents were busy with something else in the kitchen, Chinese Eric asked us to hang out with him at brunch on Wednesday - Nathan is probably going to join me and Eric (he'll drive me - he's a giving guy), and Jon / white Eric have no idea as yet. Good times with my close friends, anyway! Jeremy definitely remembered his jacket this time because it's cold enough to notice: last time we came over in September, he got all the way to his front door after Steph dropped him off when he noticed he didn't have his keys! The poor guy had to take the Canada Line back to Richmond so he could meet my dad and get his jacket, AND he had to work early the next morning! Oh dear... on the way home, Chinese Eric and I just talked about personal stuff. Of course it was fine if he just dropped me off without walking me to the door - I don't expect that treatment all the time, haha. It's true that now he's back in town, we can hang out more often! At home, I received the welcome news that Billie has indeed gotten my Christmas / birthday cards - YAY! Now I'm just catching up with Corey, who's back from Taiwan for the holidays - he gets to see his new nephew for the first time tomorrow! He also did get my card; well, it was here waiting for him today anyhow. Says he'll check it out tomorrow, haha.


Trivia fact for Monday, Dec. 20: Where on a horse would you find its feathers? In heavier horse and pony breeds, on the lower legs. The feathers are the long hairs that cover the lower fetlock (ankle joint) and hoof area. Clydesdale horses have the thickest feathers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home