Saturday, December 18, 2010

MR. CREEP IS BACK IN TOWN?!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!! / Coins with Braille

Eric called at about 5:15 to warn me that he had to go get cheese and apples at the store for dessert night, so would be at my place about an hour and a quarter later. I powered through writing some Christmas cards: it's amazing what time crunches will do for the pressure, haha. Then he called at 6:30 after having LEFT Safeway - gee, thanks. I could have used some time to go shopping for a Terry's Chocolate Orange and toothpaste as well! Maybe tomorrow before the hockey extravaganza, but then I'd have to walk... *grumble* Suppose it's worth the walk for Chinese Eric, haha. (whom Jon and Harmony referred to as "my special friend" - HA HA HA!)

When he got here, I was surprised that he was in the Parisienne - apparently, the Sunfire is undergoing repairs. He had fun with the fart lever, even after we picked Geoffrey (whom he referred to as my "nemesis") up from his place! Asked him if I'd missed anything interesting last Sunday: "lunch with [Mr. Creep]!" That was NOT what I wanted to hear! I went on a rant about Mr. Creep, and Eric told me some BAD NEWS: he's back in town for the forseeable future! WHAT THE HECK?! No wonder I've been seeing him around more lately - thank goodness I missed out last week! Apparently, Randal's "proposal" had to do with the Creep "leading" our group - NO! HE JUST WANTS POWER! I told Eric that I'd heard the Creep telling Phil once that his prayer request involved having his name appear in the Sunday bulletin - NO!!!!!!!!!! Although it's not like he was really AWAY since he showed up regularly like clockwork every three weeks or so when he WAS in Victoria... WHY?! Eric had heard that Creep's position in Victoria is over - whether he left or was terminated (I like the idea of "termination / being fired" myself, for my own peace of mind), he doesn't know. Ugh... this means I'm back to watching where I am in proximity to him, changing my days to do certain things, watching my stuff, and more stuff. UGH UGH UGH! Eric did confirm with me that denial definitely wouldn't work (while trying to say that my attitude wasn't very healthy), as I'd be forced to confront reality twice every weekend! UGH!

When we got to the church, I saw Jessica - when she said that we did have Awana tomorrow, I knew what I had to do. Couldn't happen tonight, so tomorrow it is! We were waiting for Jon to lead singing for a LONG time (Harmony was waiting for the bus to get to Jeremy's?), so I gave out Christmas cards to Geoffrey / Christon (who genuinely does care when asking about my life - he's busy with stuff and a proposed hot pot night at Jeremy's for New Year's Eve) / Jen (whose siblings are coming here from Toronto) / Vivian and Karen. Lincoln asked whether I'd gotten a card from him and Karen; she HAD brought it up when I gave her a card, but no. She'd forgotten - maybe on Sunday! His parents come down from Prince Rupert soon, too. Said hi to Gloria / Vivian / Vicky (yay for new iPhones - yes, I'm feeling lots better if she saw my FB statuses of last week!), then talked to Randal about the movie night on Sunday. Turns out he's not going since to him, Leslie Nielsen movies are like the Bad Movie Nights, only you can't really make fun of them. He did thank Jon for the invite, but told me to thank my parents too - haha, we'll see. At least that wasn't too painful of a conversation, haha!

When Jon finally got there at 8:15-ish, we sang a few Advent songs - now I remember that some Christians like taking time to get into the Christmas season, and taking time to get out of it too! Oh well - after that, I said hi to Jen's friend Jason, who later talked to Carmen about Anglicans and gay marriage; apparently, the priests wouldn't abuse altar boys if they were allowed to get married. I don't know about that one! Being me, I just kept quiet. Talked to Martin (who liked my Santa hat) while Jon was trying to convince him to bail on time with his girlfriend Phyllis tomorrow. "Tell her that you have something to do with the guys - oh, and the girls too!" I jumped in with, "But if he tells her that he has something to do with the girls, she might get jealous!" Apparently, they're having a board games afternoon with their small group tomorrow, and combining that with watching the hockey game. Eric happened in on this conversation and said, "Okay... they'll read all the rules for Monopoly from 4 to 5. Oh wait, Martin has to go now?! Hahaha!" I asked what he was doing tomorrow - getting the unsatisfactory answer of "stuff," I told him that Chinese Eric wanted to spend time with him and watch the hockey game. Of course I knew he wouldn't make it to that event, but I had to try! Then he wondered whether I still had my red velvet cheesecake, saying I could have brought that. No (I'd eaten the candy cane one), because I'd have had to thaw it and then wonder how to transport it in the car! It turned out to be a good thing that I didn't bring it anyway, and he definitely knew what I meant by that!

I watched myself very carefully, and also was careful in selecting my desserts since I didn't know what (if anything) Mr. Creep had brought, and wasn't about to ask him myself! The Yule dessert log looked almost too pretty to eat, and I also introduced myself to a new-ish girl named Jane. After a bit, Eric had to help clean up - with the half hour we wasted on waiting for him, I could have gone to SUPERSTORE and bought my stuff, man! Actually, I'm not sure why I didn't just do that, haha - probably because I might have had trouble getting into the church again for some reason. Who knows. Gave Jeremy his Christmas card while eating two kinds of soft cookies (peppermint chocolate / black forest), three types of ice cream (chocolate / vanilla / butterscotch marble), and lemon tarts. When Eric offered several of us some cheese, I took the last square, which caused him to wonder whether I really did want it as Raymond kinda looked like he wanted it! Hahaha... trust me, I did want it AND satisfaction! Watched a bunch of people play Taboo with the cards from atop the filing cabinet, heh. Peeked out in the hall to say hi to Victor - he thought he'd see me tomorrow, but I have that hockey game, so I won't see him! Said hi to Phil, too - it's hilarious that baby Micah apparently likes rap music (and Tupac in particular), but whatever works so he and Grace can get some rest as well! (it's just general rap music they play)

After a while of THAT, I asked Geoffrey whether he were ready to go, and whether he wanted to go downstairs and bug Eric. He asked whether he could help carry something, so I gave him Eric's jacket while I held on to the guitar... I said hi to Stanley and waved at Mike on our way downstairs. We went to the kitchen, where Kevin informed us that he / Eric / Raymond were looking for a glass that might be broken since they saw a shard of glass on the counter. After Geoffrey and I observed them for a while, Uncle Tony (Eric T.'s dad) basically kicked us out of the kitchen because there were too many people! Hahaha... we managed to fit ten or more in there during VBS, man! Then we looked at the literature outside for a while - a few minutes after Eric's dad had left the area, we went back in the kitchen. We noticed a temporary food service permit for the Chinese Christmas community breakfast on the fridge, so discussed that for a while - Jose was amused when we told him that apparently the permit was for all day on Christmas! We FINALLY got going well after 10, and Eric had to get gas on the way home, too. (Geoffrey and I saw FOUR #20 Victoria buses IN A ROW drop people off at that bus stop, though!) This meant that I didn't get home till after 11 - we had a discussion about Mr. Creep on the way home from Geoffrey's, too. (at least Geoffrey is looking forward to being home for Christmas for two weeks - flies to Texas on Christmas morning!)


Trivia fact for Saturday, Dec. 18: What was the first U.S. circulating coin to have writing on it in Braille? The state quarter representing Alabama, issued in 2003. The coin features an engraving of Helen Keller reading a Braille book, with her name written alongside in English and in Braille.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home