Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My mom's neighbor Barbara was killed by the recycling truck!

I'm on the phone with my mom right now, and the first thing she told me is that Barbara (her townhouse complex neighbor, whom I met a couple times) got killed yesterday by the recycling truck backing over her! (she guesses Barbara was in a hurry to grab the neighbors' stuff since the truck was late) Then she said that Jack (another neighbor) told Valerie (yet another neighbor whom I've met) when she got home since they were close over 26 years, and of course she started wailing! She wondered how I never heard about it, and says I should read the RICHMOND NEWS tomorrow since they called her yesterday - of course Mom told them not to quote her, but they might! Then she said that the recycling truck had been in their complex for a while, so I said that it was EVIDENCE in a CRIME SCENE - her reaction was one of horror, haha! Dad was home at the time, and went to get Mom from the gym since he didn't want her to suddenly see all the police cars around the complex - Grandma was scared, and left all the lights on yesterday while staying downstairs just in case something happened while the parents were out. When I called, Mom was about to delete Barbara from her gift list too.

I asked what time the extravaganza on Sunday started: she says 6, which kinda lines up with what I told Chinese Eric earlier. Then I asked if I could invite Chinese Eric, whom she HAS met before despite her not remembering - she doesn't need to know that I've already done so, haha. She said: "OF COURSE - I told Jon to do so, too! He's invited Randal and what's his name... Jeremy! Nathan is 90% sure... *goes into micro-management detail about parking, which I ignore* " Then she said not to buy "those two books" - I had to ask what she meant. "Guinness and Ripley's... didn't you get the email?!" Nope, hehe! Mom also wants me to spend time with Grandma next week (at least she got the memo that I was sick on Sunday), but we'll see about that. Maybe that'll happen in January, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home