Sunday, November 07, 2010

Vespers, serenity, disappointing your best friend, second thoughts, Jeremy, and Wendy Thomas

Randal says he can't make it to the Vesper choir thing which Jon invited us to, even if he could use the serenity; ironically, the weekend of December 5 is very hectic for him already. He's also suddenly having second thoughts about Jen's movie night, and wants her to let him think about it. (but it's his BEST FRIEND... then again, I'm surprised he didn't outright decline because it's on his holy Saturday parental duty day!) He implied that he saw POD PEOPLE with Jen - why am I not surprised? Or at least, that he viewed the Youtube link... I can hear his whiny nasal voice as I read the snippets from Gmail Notifier, too! Yikes... no need to read the actual emails, then! I said that my own attendance would be contingent on the location. However (and I didn't put this in the email), I might also be having second thoughts about it - TOO MUCH PEOPLE TIME ON THE WEEKEND, AND NOT ENOUGH BLOGGING TIME!

But YAY for Jeremy chiming in on email, saying that the episode he was thinking of at lunch today is called SPACE MUTINY! "The episode I was thinking of at lunch today is called "Space Mutiny." They also did some PSAs, and one of the best is "Last Clear Chance." The catchphrase from that PSA is "Why don't they look?" and you may have heard that phrase used in other episodes of MST3K. You can also buy the T-shirt online, apparently. I started downloading the complete collection of 198 episodes, which are 92 minutes each, according to Wikipedia. That means a true marathon would be over 300 hours long, which would take almost 13 days to watch non-stop! I'm currently watching "The Mole People" on Youtube!"

One of my Wordscraper opponents is called Wendy Thomas, which makes me think of the Dave Thomas commercials for Wendy's. Yay for quirkiness / synchronicity / coincidences!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home