Saturday, November 06, 2010

Thanks for getting me out of the shower, but I still feel like being a hermit!

I got a notice which is all in Chinese - WTF?! Good thing I have friends who can read Chinese; maybe I'll get Victor or someone to translate this tomorrow! Decided to take a shower at 6:50, but heard knocking at the window when I got out. Since I didn't want whoever it was to see me naked, I put some clothes on before investigating the disturbance. Seeing nothing at the window OR the door, I checked my phone: it was Eric, trying to get me out of the apartment. *sigh* I ate up a minute and a half with the "I thought you enjoyed going to Fellowship!" reason which he gave me, plus my rebuttal to that. Too bad for him that I said I'd be five minutes leaving the place! (had to get some candy to share, my stuff ready, etc.)

On the way to church, he brought up Mr. Creep and Randal - I don't want to hear it, man! He is of the opinion that Korey doesn't talk to Randal anymore, since HE still talks to Korey and he doesn't seem to bring him up anymore. As for how much influence Korey really had over Randal, I guess that's up for debate... but since I don't really want to know, I'm not asking Randal! I said that I had to set my alarm to get up tomorrow, and he looked horrified! (same as when I said I'd have to do it for Thursday's Committee Meeting at 3!) We talked about my supposed lack of a routine (it's called 5 AM bedtime for the past few days - bliss!), the hot and cold air effects, his "sacrifices for the Kingdom of God [so, NOT a game like I was thinking!]" in "putting up with my random rambling," my doing him a favor because it would be SILENT in the car with just himself, my not having my wallet, Randal, Jen, Trish (Harmony's friend Patricia), not many people going by "Patty / Pattie / Patti" these days, my having toilet paper, whether I visited my grandma this week (no - I think my parents picked her up today), Steph, Lisa, stealing Randal's prayer, sharing candy with the group (which includes Randal), my being "drunk," whether he could delete Mr. Creep's name from that printout (no; it wouldn't be his original PDF file - whiteout has a use in this case!), and more.

When we got to our usual room (after I failed at slamming his car door), everyone was in circles and praying... MR. CREEP WAS THERE! UGH! I got a chair, but wasn't sitting near him if I could help it! (of course, he HAD to be in the middle of the room...) Instead, I made Connie and RAYMOND (HA!) move for me - I didn't care if Raymond gave me a very wide berth! In my group, Harmony smiled at me for some reason. (Cindy kept doing that through Bible Study, too - very unsettling!) When Dylan was doing the announcements, it was funny how he forgot that Jen was a member of the Committee! "If you want to serve on Committee next year, just ask one of us - me, Eric, Kevin, or Leslie." "What about me?!" "Oh yeah, and Jen too. Sorry about that." Hahahaha! As we were walking to our respective Bible Study rooms, I asked Yvonne what time she'd finally gotten to sleep yesterday. (she had a status up at 2:15 AM about not being able to sleep because she'd consumed bubble tea past 6 AM - "when will I ever learn?!") She said 3:30 AM - yikes!

During Bible Study, Randal / Kevin / Dylan / Deb / Eric / Cindy / I talked about the Philippines, durian / mangosteen / jackfruit / papaya / pineapple, the beach, seafood (Dylan doesn't like fish), weddings and karaoke, gin / juniper, Regent lectures (RANDAL?!), politics / scandals / "family values" / Canadian vs. American politicians, Svend Robinson, transsexuals vs. homosexuals, nuns, and more. I wondered what the heck happened to my voice as I had to read a few verses - it was just not like me! Bleh - maybe I should bring water next time! While I was attempting to exit the room to go to the washroom, I somehow almost tripped over the handles on my bag, which was on the floor! Deb and Cindy asked whether I was okay - certainly! When I got back, I mouthed "I am such a klutz!" to Cindy, who said I wasn't. Damn CP! I also noted that Randal took a Coffee Crisp from my bag of assorted candy - meh. He also said something about not wanting to read secular books anymore - why read those when you can read about Christian things and actually read the Bible?! This is the second time in a week that someone's said such stuff in my hearing - the other time would be Henry saying the same thing about secular music and its message last Saturday. While I can appreciate that secular stuff does have its own (detrimental?) message sometimes, it can't be ALL EXCLUSIVE!

When we were FINALLY done at 9:55 (when we were supposed to end at 9:30 - prayer and unrelated discussion about struggles take up more time than we think!), I was going to make a beeline for outside when I saw Christon talking to Mr. Creep. No, thanks! Instead, I got to hear all about Kevin's car accident: seems he was driving Mr. Creep to the Skytrain Station from church the last time he was in town a few weeks ago. Kevin got rear-ended on the way back! I had to ask whether Mr. Creep was in the car with him; upon receiving a "no" answer, I just couldn't restrain myself from exclaiming "DARN!" (Eric seems to think I could have, but despite all the training I do, I COULD NOT!) At any rate, I hope Kevin recovers quickly, and didn't get into another accident tonight while driving him to the Skytrain station! Yes, I saw them get in the elevator together a few minutes later. SEE? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRIVE UNDESIRABLES!

Eric and I had to talk to Cindy about her upcoming road test, Richmond / Ryan Rd. / her brother / Religion Boulevard / temples, speaking Italian and such, Remembrance Day committee duties, 2% more girls than boys being born, Mr. Sketch markers lasting a long time (Laurentien doesn't), Grover and Old Spice (I did indeed post the parody!), Facebook, his parents being away to see his brother in Seattle (cars!), and more. Deb said that her sister and John Law had another baby boy recently (Matthew and Nathan!), to which Eric said that his friend Josh had his first kid which was a boy, and Cindy said that Karen had also had a boy. Cindy's niece is one for the girl count, though! Apparently, someone thinks that baby Denise isn't feminine enough because she's tall and such - LEAVE THE KID ALONE! Reminds me of one of Winnie's patients, who had nine girls and one boy OR eight girls and two boys. Cindy's had classmates who had similar large families!

When Christon came up to talk to Eric about something, I cut the discussion short by assuming he'd had dinner. No, I hadn't had time to eat, given that I was in the shower thinking it was Thursday when he got to my place! Luckily, he FINALLY got the message that it was time to LEAVE... but then Dylan had to delay us even further by talking about preparation for the Committee Meeting. DO IT ON SUNDAY! We were FINALLY home free in the elevator! I was very happy about that, haha!

On the way home, I asked whether Eric knew something I didn't. He said he didn't know that Mr. Creep was going to be in town, and figured that Mr. Creep didn't like being in town on holidays. Then he wondered why I didn't just tell him on the way over that I hadn't eaten, as he could have picked something up for me. Ha, then I'd have to pay him back... although at least he thinks I'm trustworthy in that aspect, unlike a certain person! We also discussed DARKWING DUCK, Dave being against me for some reason (or so I think), my being anti-social, thanking him at random, no Homestar Rummer Halloween special, CAPRICA being cancelled, Martin having to go to the Auto Mall, setting my alarm, Steph / Lisa / my parents, leaving LOVE on Steph's wall, CANADA'S WORST DRIVERS, DUCKTALES, flying, sending me an emulator (which worked on an ancient Pentium, he says), getting gas, and other stuff. He's right about my eating Mr. Noodles when I got home - and I have this bread from Monday that I keep forgetting about, so I'll also have that with some mushroom soup!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home