Thursday, November 04, 2010

Stalks, moons, a bloody maxipad, Finland, being Chinese, and basilisks

High-scoring words of the night:

MOON (180 points) - against Millie F. [3W used twice, 4W, 2W, hook off BI to make OBI, hook off BABY to make NA]
STALKLESS (140 points) - against Jennifer F. [5W, 2W]
PRESOAK (495 points) - against Chantelle C. [two 3W, 5L on P, 5L on K]
COEDIT (225 points) - against Whitney H. [two 5W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}


Nathan posted a weird Halloween costume from a friend: IT WAS A MAXIPAD, COMPLETE WITH RED BLOOD! Being me, I had to comment: "At least it's red and not brown!" His reply (which amused me more than the actual picture) was "Argh... Les!!! Haha, I suppose I started it, didn't I." He did, and knows me well enough to realize I will always make such comments! Jen thought it was disgusting or offensive, and shouldn't be posted on Facebook. CHEH! Dennis also thought it was in bad taste, but did figure that people would give you space if you dressed up as that or a penis... haha! I like that MUCH better! :D

I've been just scrolling through the latest Fellowship Committee emails since the Gmail notifier snippet or subject line usually tells me enough of what I need to know. Imagine my surprise just now when I saw my name in a snippet! I was like, "WTF? I haven't participated in these exchanges AT ALL, Dylan and Eric!" Turns out Eric was confirming what Dylan said about a contact list in August as per the minutes, and offered to print a copy out for my records. I said that would be a good idea, and thanked him. Then I realized that I'd forgotten to "reply all" (oh well) and that I forgot to apologize to Dylan. Oh well, it wouldn't have gotten to Dylan anyway if I just replied to Eric! Hahaha, no need to say sorry then! Maybe on Sunday which is the next time I plan to see these guys.


Facebook quizzes taken from Jasmine, Darren L., Darren C., and Kaitlin:

What country best fits you? Leslie got Finland! :D Finland (in Finnish: Suomi) is a republic located in Northern Europe, with a population of about 5 million. Capital: Helsinki. Official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Finland was part of Sweden until 1809. Finland has very warm summers and really cold winters. :D

How Chinese are You? Leslie got 50% Chinese. Typical American-Asian. Now go play Halo.


Trivia fact for Thursday, Nov. 4: Why are members of the basilisk lizard family commonly referred to as Jesus Christ lizards? Because of their unique ability to run on water when fleeing predators. Their weblike hind feet make this possible.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home