Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Rockets, tattoos, World Series, hockey, sports, beer, and cheesecake!

As soon as I got outside, Jon was waiting for me - he wondered how I'd managed to lose my bus pass between the front door and my own apartment. HOW SHOULD I KNOW?! I did have it when boarding the bus to go home, obviously! We called Harmony to tell her we'd be home soon, and we talked about Mattias / Micah's baby pictures / drumming / all my new candy. He predicted it would all be gone in two days, but I have more self-control than THAT! One or two a day should be fine, haha. We picked up Harmony at home: she asked whether it was raining or had rained, so we told her NO. By the time we went out just five minutes later with borscht and beer in a box, it had started raining! Harmony said she saw my status about cheap Halloween candy, and was like "D'OH!" Turns out she was at Shoppers earlier, and forgot! Then again, Jon also forgot about it when HE was out shopping; tomorrow, it is! Harmony thought there wouldn't be any left: for her sake, I hope not!

When we got to Steph's, I gave her the two packs of Rockets; turns out that Lisa likes those, too. However, they're trying to start some new exercise regime today. Whoops! We had takeout Chinese food, strawberry cheesecake, beer (pumpkin ale / Red Racer wheat cream ale / barley wine), bread, and other stuff. Discussed the head of SERVANTS speaking at church, reactions, Mom and Dad, the Tees, going to Lisa's Ontario hometown for the holidays, the hospital, my bus pass (they think it's in the apartment somewhere - it's certainly not outside at 3:15 AM!), the definition of a "city," Wikipedia, Lisa getting a tattoo of a tree today, Angela / Ceci / Hubert / babies / Alan and Liz / their toddler Clara who was born the day before Angela and Hubert got married, Lloyd Robertson (better than Pat Robertson!), just telling people, Daniel / Michelle / Melia / Angus coming over tomorrow to watch the Edmonton game at 6, the San Francisco Giants winning the World Series over the Texas Rangers 3-1 (Edgar Renteria was the MVP), and the Canucks winning 3-0 over the Devils. We also talked about AGM sushi, just calling people, Kevin, grease, Wes and Jen NOT getting diarrhea from that Pho place because of Uganda / Africa and Toronto (Jeremy still hasn't gained back the six pounds he lost!), football (Randy Moss), basketball, hockey pools, injuries, point systems, Uncle Eric and Auntie Brenda being cheap, regifting sweaters, golden beets, Auntie Teresa, Auntie Gloria, and Auntie Christine.

Conversed about the long-ago "support group" being an excuse for gossiping, last year's Gudrun dinner, Grandma's poor memory (she won't remember anything you tell her if it's been a day past!), sitting on each other, (cheating at) thumb wars [NO ELBOWS!], underwear parties ("Who's pregnant or dating? If you can't say, that means THEY ARE!"), in-jokes, our being named after trees, slapping each others' butts, and more. Steph thinks that it also explains a lot if my tree name is "cigar tree" (she is oak; Jon is maple) - I don't know about that, man! I bugged her by squishing her toes, haha. She didn't like that, so I said that she WOULD like it! This escalated to "Hey, I'm putting my foot in your face. You WILL like it!" Steph even lifted me up! I guess Lisa now knows that our family CAN be crazy, haha! Jon and I had some water before we left, while I signed the guestbook once again; yes, they SHOULD just leave it out instead of in a pile on the kitchen table! I got the leftover bread and rest of the girls' Twix / Crunchie / M&Ms (milk chocolate, plus peanuts) / Snickers bars / Mars bars from their box of 100; yes, I also got some yesterday! Jon couldn't give me a ride home (but dropped me off at the King Edward Canada Line station), but topped up my change for bus fare - I guess it was okay to spend! At least I didn't have to wait long for a 407 from Brighouse!


Facebook quizzes taken from Vanessa H. and Patrick:

Which Disney Princess are You? Leslie got Belle. You are an intelligent young woman whose dreams are peppered with adventures. With your luck, however, you just might get one. Family is near and dear to you, and you would sacrifice your freedom so that they may have theirs. You base your judgement of people on their actions, though you are willing to change your mind if needed. You have lived on the periphery of socially acceptable behavior, so you're "odd but okay." Hopefully, these values and charms help you like they did your avatar.

What drunk friend are you? Leslie got Fake. You pretend to be drunk just to fit in with the crowd. You never have liked to drink, so you just fake it! One day, your friends will figure it out!


Trivia fact for Tuesday, Nov. 2: What is the longest possible time that an individual can currently serve as president of the United States? Ten years. Under Amendment 22 of the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1951, "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home