Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wayland and waiting for the bus in the forest amid mental breakdowns

Man, MDSE really knocked me on my butt this time! Not that I was expecting anything else, mind you... good thing it was today and not tomorrow, otherwise I'd be scrambling to catch up before I had to meet Chrystal at London Drugs!

I had a dream where a whole bunch of us were hanging out at someone's huge house; we were excited because our St. Louis friend Wayland was due to come with his wife and baby, neither of whom we'd met before. When Wayland came to the house, we asked him where they were - in the car, since they were sick. A while later, we finally got to meet his wife and baby Camille: SO CUTE! Everyone had a good time, until it was time to go on a big boat. I had to share a room with my sister, while my brother and friends had a bigger room next door. Steph had a LOT of cute slippers and bath stuff (shower caps, etc.) with her, but after I just luxuriated in the bed for a while, I had to go to the bathroom! Unfortunately, it was REALLY stinky - after almost gagging, I told her that I was going elsewhere! All the other spare bathrooms (on other floors accessible via elevator) were full, so I was able to go off the boat to find relief instead.

For some reason, this boat was parked on the edge of a huge forest. My dream self did not pollute the forest with bodily wastes, although my real self might have been tempted to if the situation was dire enough; hey, it's all biodegradable, right? I instead went to the one bus stop I could see, where there were a bunch of people. For a bus stop which was practically in the middle of nowhere, it was relatively busy! I could see a bunch of shuttle buses go by in the opposite direction, while our bus stop didn't seem to get a lot of service. There was an old lady at the stop who seemed to know a lot about things, plus an old man who looked like a Shaolin monk - HE was smoking, but trying to keep it away from people, especially the young people who had a baby. (yes, that's right... somewhat considerate smokers only show up in my DREAMS!)

After a while, I lost my balance and tripped in the mulch around the bus stop - the old lady and young people helped me out using a chair. We saw a #41 Joyce Station, a C94, and other buses which would be in the Vancouver area, but we were hours away from there! Someone also had a radio, so we listened to the news as a way of passing the time - when Richmond was mentioned, I moaned. SO FAR AWAY FROM HOME! When our bus (Nanaimo) finally showed up, it was a VERY short shuttle bus - not enough room for the 25 people waiting at that time! An Indian girl had a total mental breakdown, demanding that I give up my spot - I told her that I'd been waiting for an HOUR (as had others - even more than an hour), so I imperiously went on the bus after making sure the old people and young parents with baby had seats. The Indian's friend tried comforting her, but to no avail. We could hear her screaming as the bus took off, since the driver had no patience (true to life!) - that was where the dream ended!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home