Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Noise, GLEE, Marble Slab Creamery, birthday cake ice cream, and tobacco

High-scoring word of the night:

NOISE (143 points) - against Alice P. [two 5W, hook off BOXER for a plural] {a good deficit-erasing word!}


After the girls watched the ROCKY HORROR episode of GLEE, we were pretty much on our way out the door to go to the Market Crossing location of Marble Slab Creamery. I didn't care where we went, because I'd heard they had BIRTHDAY CAKE ice cream; I got the Birthday Bonanza with gummi bears and sprinkles! (Steph got pumpkin pie) Lisa asked me whether the gummi bears got hard in the ice cream: they were still somewhat chewy, I thought. They'd last been there on Labor Day, and the store makes all its own fresh ice cream and stuff. On the drive home, we listened to the Canucks and Avalanche in overtime... there wasn't very much of it because some Colorado guy shot the puck in his own net with only 28 seconds played! No idea what HE was thinking, but Mason Raymond got credit for the unassisted goal, haha! Then we discussed Christina Aguilera's divorce, unmarked police cars, license plate expiry, cops being at Tim Horton's, blacked-out windows, Feb. 28, being melodramatic, affection, getting Lisa to slap my butt (she won't!), being "proper," no gum after ice cream (a good point by me!), Jon's birthday parties, how I should come by more often even if it is far, her guestbook, Dave Wong (I don't think it'll work!), and more. It was good seeing them again!


Trivia fact for Wednesday, Oct. 27: What field ration did General John J. Pershing claim was needed "as much as bullets" to win World War I? Tobacco. The U.S. distributed cigarettes free to GIs beginning in 1917. They were eliminated from C rations and K rations in 1975.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home