Sunday, September 12, 2010

We're all tired from waking up a lot during sleep! / De Dutch Pannekoek House

I went out in the rain this morning, and soon found out what Eric had meant by "we" on the phone; his parents were driving him to church! Turned out that he was too tired to drive since he couldn't get to sleep till 2, Heidi the cat had wanted to snuggle at 5:30 AM, people had rung the doorbell at 6:30 AM (they were going to holidays on a standby flight), and so forth. We discussed relatives, Jon / Harmony / Steph's whereabouts, weddings, a refresher on Karmie's and Grace's names (Ron's memory is better than Veronica's), possibly leaving after service ("call Ivan even though he'll be at church!"), gifts for Kieran, not being able to do things in a timely manner for Christon, and other things. Got to church, where Eric promptly went to the sound room while Ron and I waited around for Veronica and a pit stop. He met Uncle Eugene while I said hi to Jordan ("is it English?"), Nina, Emily, Gerard, Sabrina (who wasn't sure if a sleeping Henry was going to the child care meeting), Victor, and others. Thank goodness Mr. Creep didn't go anywhere near us!

I was pretty sleepy during the sermon, but did manage to say hi to Jen - if you'd told me a month ago that I'd be wearing a red winter bling sweater to church (or anywhere), I'd have laughed! Confirmed Dylan's identity for Eric's parents, laughed when Christon came in five minutes after we did, and figured I might not have a dinner this year. At least my actual birthday should be free of certain people, or so I hope! After service while Cindy was saying hi, Veronica saw Nathan - of course, I had to hail him in my NG voice! He said he didn't have the car on Wednesday, and updated me on the email chain: apparently, Wednesday's dinner will be at a Pho place, so I'd have to convince Eric to give me a ride! (which I did later at his place while waiting for Kieran) Eric later said that I made myself look weird in front of Nathan, but I didn't care - IT'S NATE, AND HE KNOWS! If I have to go, it's best that my friends protect me! Grandma saw me, and proceeded to rant me out for not coming to dinner last week - I just laughed at her, hahaha!

While I was in the foyer, I saw Jason with a bunch of people, so took the opportunity to inform him that I wouldn't be going to this afternoon's meeting since we were leaving now! Dad and Dylan said hi to Eric's parents, and then it was time to leave. While we were waiting for Veronica (who DID get Ron's umbrella), Pastor Fulton came up to me and wished me a happy birthday... thank heavens you're not your wife, haha! Veronica invited me to go to De Dutch with them, so I took her up on the offer. (discussed rehearsal, gas prices, the availability of textbooks these days, the sermon and background, Pastor John, motorcycles, Eric H. and Twitter, my presumably posting multiple Tweets in full-sentence mode, etc.) First, we stopped by the house to see whether Kieran was up yet - Heidi the cat seemed scared of me, heh. Ron made a joke about how Eric's birth date really WAS Labor Day for Veronica, while I watched him and Eric play with the cat's mouse toys and such.

We discussed a lot of things at brunch: Felico's, "my" road, orange juice, sausages, eggs, coffee, water, gluten-free diets, my family, jaywalking, hockey, tennis and Federer, Canucks, HUGE stadiums (East Lansing?), Alistair and Vanessa doing broadcasting, Art Knapp, standby flights, chattiness, Grandma being 90 and still cooking stuff like duck and fish, computer things, my parents' jobs, no restart problems (yay for Teunis!), TV, 9/11, my and Veronica's upcoming birthdays (hers is tomorrow), being on auto-pilot, and more. Someone named Louisiana Renata Gomez Cornelio wants to add me on Facebook - I DON'T THINK SO! I've also learned that Mark Hainsworth is engaged... nice news, I guess! Now it's definitely time for a nap!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home