Saturday, September 11, 2010

Evil sisters, not liking the rain, tails, battlegrounds, and STARCRAFT 2

Henry picked me up at about 3:25, and we were off to the first day of Awana; I asked if he'd attended the meeting last week, and he said no. Ha, I knew I wouldn't be the only one not going! Told him that I'd had Sri Lankan food at Sunday lunch to celebrate a friend's birthday, and said that his sister had been evil the other night, wanting his iPhone to beep at him a lot! I do the "evil sister" thing, too - just today, I woke my own sister up (not on purpose) to tell her something that she didn't really need to know! Hahahaha! On our way there (battling lots of weekend traffic), Sabrina called on his shiny new iPhone to inform him that we were actually LATE since we had to be there by 3:30. (Auntie Vivian said that later, too) Well, we got there at about 4, so he figured Auntie Rebecca would yell at him - good thing I escape blame since I'm not the driver, haha. (although I guess the passenger could theoretically DELAY the driver, which has happened before with me!)

Benedict wanted to see the phone, while Jason waited till I was settled to ask whether I were going to tomorrow's meeting - no idea, actually. Don't think I could get a ride home, haha... but we'll see! Met Jason's brother Daniel, learned that Stanley is now a leader (as is Vivian Wu), managed to offload 90% of my change (and get some laundry money), and got settled into the chaos of the first day! Interacted with Jonathan (who was crying on his first day), Golden, Margaret (put the jacket on the chair!), Rachel, Victor L., Victor C., Elaine (she looks pretty good for someone whose mother just died!), Ian M. (who gave me a hug when I said hi to him - how cute!), Andrew (who called me a "scary woman"), his sister Stella, Amos (who is allergic to chocolate - yet wanted a Famous Amos cookie), and others. I saw Kayden and his friend Justin looking out at the rainy weather, so asked them if they liked rain: "NO!"

On the way home, Ian L. and Sean L. told me a lot about some kids' show that features characters with and without tails, a training battleground, someone who's afraid to talk to a woman, people who destroy mountains, a million-kilometre-long snake, starving after not eating lunch for six months or a year, and more. Then Ian asked if I knew what STARCRAFT 2 was - all I know is that my guy friends play it, and not much else! So then he proceeded to educate me on character classes, what people say in the game, Nathan's brother Ivan beating "Dad" in 20 minutes, battle cries, the various levels, and more. Interesting stuff, haha! As I finish this post up, I note that it is now 20:01 on 9/11... great coincidence!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home