Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pork and paper edges in an apocalyptic dream, being alive, and Ray's event

I went back to sleep and had a dream where I went to a post-apocalyptic Chinatown to buy some juicy dried pork from this one store. The lineups in front of the display counters were CRAZY, but I finally got out of there to meet my dad. He said that Christon and Eric had a mission for me, so I went to see what they wanted. Christon looked like a cross between Robocop and Batman, and Eric said that they suspected Randal of leaving various threatening notes throughout the city. So off we went to Google things; Steph came in with a sample of a note. We researched the past notes he'd left, and discovered that the ripped edges of the paper which Steph had did NOT match the others left at various scenes. I woke up when we were going to apprehend Randal based on this evidence, after investigating it more thoroughly. No idea why I had the dream, haha!

Got up at 2:35 to discover that Steph had called at 11:40, so called her back. She was at home cooking for the party she'll be having tonight (parents and Grandma were with her), and in a fine show of the melodramatics we've inherited from Mom, she said that she'd been ALL ALONE at church for the FIRST time in a LONG time! Apparently, she'd been looking around for me all during the sermon, and later heard that Jon and Harmony couldn't wake up since they'd gotten back from Italy last night. Well, Eric had had car trouble, and I'd gone back to bed for some much-needed sleep! Yes, we are both alive! When she asked about pancakes with Eric's family, I told her that the unexpected kind invitation had been last week!

She said that Pastor John had preached since Phil was speaking at Burnaby E. Free - nice, nice. To her contention that I could have gotten Teunis to drive me, I said that he'd gone to bed after 5 AM as he was making bread, AND that he'd already had plans with a friend whose birthday is really in nine days, but always chooses Talk Like A Pirate Day to celebrate the occasion instead! "They're going to invade a pub and basically be pirates all day!" She asked if Teunis went to church, so got this answer: "Very occasionally, but he always feels welcome at ours when he does go!" At least she thought THAT was good, haha.

After that phone call, I checked Facebook - Harmony (spending a lot of euros on gelato!) and Mandy W. had left me belated birthday wishes; how sweet! Jon had written on Ray's event wall to say he would be stopping by for a few hours tonight. Since I figured that I'd had enough sleep and such to make it out to this thing, I called him to see what was up. Told him that I hadn't made it to church either, so Steph had been the only NG sibling there! He said that he wasn't sure what time he'd be going, but to call him when I was thinking of leaving. Sounds good to me!


Edit at 6: He says he'll be there at around 7 or so, but isn't sure how he'll get there. Luckily for me, I checked Translink already. Things should be okay, if I don't get lost!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home