Saturday, September 18, 2010

Trogdor, the Cheat, Senses Fail, wisdom, birthday bubble tea, and Johnny

When Eric picked me up, we talked about my being "drunk" / Mr. Creep / the bad news of the sun growing larger in seven billion years or so (as posited on the Discovery Channel show Into The Universe) / back pain caused by playing hockey / stuff in French (NOT MY MOTHER!) / how I could learn coding from Teunis (I don't think he'd appreciate me screwing it up!) / the Cheat / Trogdor / Long Island iced tea / what had happened to Jeremy / forgetting to take an alternate route to avoid the construction. He went up the stairs as opposed to into the elevator when we got into the parkade, which was perhaps indicative of how late we were when he had to announce Uncle Stephen! I had to laugh when his notes said "When Our Senses Fail," only because I know there's an emo (?) band by the name of Senses Fail, haha! (Jacob / Isaac / Esau) Got a row of seats to myself in the chapel, which was pretty good.

After the talk and limited discussion, I saw Vania's mom come in, so talked to her for a while. Auntie Tracy had some interesting things to say about wisdom, looking young, feeling old, birthdays, Vania's grandpa spending his 90th birthday yesterday in the hospital (no cake or anything to eat for two days because of surgery!), love, and more. After a while, I went over to talk to Jen about bubble tea / birthdays / our weeks. Randal noticed my standing up, and wondered if I'd like to sit in his seat instead! Well, I asked him where HE would sit, to which he claimed that he didn't mind standing. Since that was nice of him, I thanked him as I sat down.

Jen, Dianne, Randal, Wesley, and I talked about old people auditing UBC classes / the mobility issues among the seniors that Randal volunteers with / spiders and worse in showers (COCKROACHES?! EWWWWW!) / India / bubble tea / my birthday celebrations. Cindy, Wesley, Dianne, Eric, Vivian, Carmen, Vania, Christon, Jen, Randal, and I went to a place called Tea Team near Metrotown later on. Had an interesting discussion about fellowship, Halloween / trick-or-treating, welcoming newcomers (as long as they're the right kind of people!), wanting different perspectives (I ignored Vania when she said that Mr. Creep talked all the time), what happened to Jeremy on Wednesday, Christon logging into Facebook and seeing all these birthday wishes yesterday for me (timezones - NOT belated!), BIG bowls of noodles being worth it, the ramen place on Rupert / 22nd (Sunday?), Uncle Edwin being really different on an Asia trip, insurance, and boring repetitive stories.

We also discussed Johnny possibly changing churches because of multiple issues (strip him of the Committee duties if he's so non-communicative!), Fellowship Committee Meetings, lunch, the AGM on Oct. 17, Sheena / Chalaine / Karen Lew / Anita / Martin / small group, the church carnival in June, busy lives, Sunday School, counseling the Timothy Fellowship, Priscilla / Joyce / gender disparity, Surrey, sermons, the Night Market, and other stuff. Jen will move back in with her mom; that is very understandable! Eric tried talking to me in French on the way home again; we also discussed my sister working, the MAN at my place, kids playing STARCRAFT, sound on Sunday, his overseeing the hockey pool this year, Uncle Hansel, new people, and more. When he broke into the DARKWING DUCK theme song ("I'm treating you in a special way because it's your birthday!"), he also asked if he'd communicated with me lately - I said no. Little did I know that Dave Wong had actually wished me a happy birthday via FB wall post...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home