Tuesday, August 03, 2010

I apparently ordered a SIX-FOOT sandwich at Subway...

Eric picked me up, and it was off to dinner before we headed to the Starbucks on the PNE grounds near Hastings. We decided to go to Subway, and I reminded him that we couldn't really bring the food into Starbucks. Discussed my being on time AGAIN ("what's happening?!"), DARKWING DUCK and whether Teunis knew its significance (I said I'd ask him later), replacing his computer stuff like the motherboard or video card ("I could sell it to you cheaply - it would be more than enough for your requirements"), and STARCRAFT 2 - his computer's a bit slow for it now) plus video card problems.

Also discussed finally wearing his Portland shirt after a month (it hadn't been washed yet for some reason), double chocolate stout / egg liqueur, orange pylons, "drunk," firebombing bad drivers / cyclists, emails, comics, my new MAN SHORTS, and more. Got to Subway, where I apparently ordered a six-foot sandwich when I meant a six-inch... what the heck is wrong with me?! Read about the Gay Pride Parade and other local news, then Eric thought I was trying to match his eating speed to be polite. Nah, I'd been reading the paper while he ordered his footlong!

Tried calling Dylan to see which Starbucks we were supposed to enter, but nobody answered the phone. He later gave us his new number, but I've already forgotten what it was. We were surprised to see Jen back in town from Cuba already! Dylan, Jen, Johnny, Eric, and I discussed a BBQ / strangers / weddings / Calla and Stanford / hiking / drinks / programs (I get to bug Dylan about Uncle Hansel, Wai-Mui, and Uncle Peter!) / pens / the changing Fellowship demographics / the church Walkathon / snacks (I get to bug Jose, Christon, and Grace about that!), fried chicken (KFC is better than Church's) / the church picnic / SERVANTS / soy latte / frappuccinos / Amanda x2 / Vicky having a new boyfriend / Edison / the long weekend. It was kinda threatening to rain, but thank goodness it didn't because Dylan had his laptop open!

On the way home, I tried convincing Eric that inviting our friends to this BBQ might be a bad idea - while they're friends to the person who invited them, they're strangers to everyone else! I don't really know how I got so paranoid, man! Said I wasn't going to Bible Study ever again, just in case the shuffle happened without warning - I don't do well with that kind of thing! Decided to call the Superstore sandwich thing "even" as he has given me a lot of rides over the past few months. Talked about (virgin) drinks after hiking, pubs, arms, alternate parallel universes, Dave Wong, failure, my low opinion of Mr. Creep's intelligence (and Teunis' impression of him), Mr. Creep being desperate for company (maps?) since he didn't even make it to the church picnic, products like AXE / OLD SPICE, and more.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home