Thursday, July 01, 2010

Youngest parents / Movie genres

Fun facts: The world's youngest parents were a 9-year-old boy and an 8-year old girl in China. The world's youngest grandmother is 28; her 11-year-old daughter gave birth to a healthy boy via C-section in the Ukraine. The world's youngest mother was a five-year-old Peruvian girl, beating the previous record held by a 6-year-old Russian girl. Your mother was wrong about going poop once a day... it varies from person to person!


More stuff about movie genres:

[21:45:29] Flami: so how's movie genres?
[21:58:31] Corey: I just made a list of genres with descriptions, then put some titles below, and they need to match them up to the genres... if they even know those movies. I think I'm going to totally drop that, though, until next week... I won't have time to do the movie activities if I do that, too.. this week, I'll have them go over the plot of the movie, and the characters that appear in the first part of the movie... so I think we'll call that the activity instead of trying to do both
[21:59:27] Corey: I mapped it all out, and there's only like 15 minutes to do the FOUR movie activities if I do all that stuff... even if I drop the genres thing, I'll only have like 30 minutes for that, if everything stays on time, which it won't
[22:05:04] Flami: is that even related to teaching them genres?
[22:05:56] Corey: the main point of the class is the movie, not genres... that's an extra activity
[22:07:19] Flami: do you think they know the movies you're prepping?
[22:15:46] Corey: the movie is Ghostbusters...
[22:22:30] Flami: oh, I thought you were talking about the genre movies
[22:23:19] Corey: I'm not preparing anything for those... it's just a list of titles, and they have to write the genre next to them
[22:25:24] Flami: I guess what I meant to ask was whether they would know the genre just from the title
[22:31:32] Corey: probably not, but oh well
[22:32:02] Corey: they should know a lot of them... Toy Story, Iron Man, Nightmare on Elm Street (maybe they won't know this, but if they can't figure out that that's the horror movie by the name NIGHTMARE, then they suck)
[22:32:11] Corey: Godfather, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings..
[22:33:41] Corey: the Chinese name for Nightmare on Elm Street is crazy.. and totally different... the remake was in theaters here not too long ago, and they had a huge display, bigger than lifesize of Freddy Krueger standing there all menacingly... Jane translated the Chinese name for me, and it's really long like "The Demon Who Comes And Kills You While You're Asleep" or something
[22:34:29] Corey: which I guess is accurate, but I'm not sure a title should be a full description of the movie in sentence form :P
[22:35:38] Flami: HAHAHAHAHA... nice translation!
[22:40:30] Corey: most movies keep the same name, or something similar
[22:41:26] Corey: Avatar is some characters that are supposed to sound like "Avatar," but it really sounds like "Evander," like Evander Holyfield, the boxer :P when I came here, people asked me if I liked Evander, and I had no idea what they were talking about
[22:57:37] Flami: HAHAHAHAHA... NICE!
[23:08:23] Corey: nice as fuck
[23:09:27] Corey: now I have to watch the whole movie of Ghostbusters, I guess, because I have to make chapter stops for the DVD I need to burn... I can't just find a DVD of it online (with anyone seeding it), so I have to make my own... the lady at the school said they could try to rent it, but uh, the class is a month long, I don't think they give it to you for that long
[23:10:39] Corey: if I don't set up good chapter stops, it'll be hard to get everything in the right spots, and I don't want to mess with that during the class... this way, I can just hit "next" or "back," and be in exactly the right place for the next scene, or the start of what we just watched, or whatever
[23:13:19] Flami: well, you know these things better than I do... I don't think I could set up chapter stops, whatever those are :P
[23:15:10] Corey: now you don't even know how a DVD works??? you hit the "next chapter" button and it skips to the next scene, right?
[23:15:30] Corey: I just need the right times to make those. I'm converting a file that doesn't have those, so I have to put them there myself
[23:15:33] Flami: I guess
[23:16:01] Flami: but how would you do that? that must be hard
[23:17:24] Corey: in the DVD program, you type in the times you want... it's not hard :P
[23:20:45] Flami: if you say so
[23:28:33] Flami: shower time
[23:42:44] Corey: watch out for ghosts and monsters that make the water turn red with blood
[23:55:56] Flami: I am not in a real-life PSYCHO movie, thanks :P
[00:05:24] Corey: that doesn't happen in Psycho!
[01:22:59] Corey: okay... I just watched the whole movie, and wrote down the times of all the scenes :P that's kind of annoying... hopefully, next time, I can just get the regular DVD, and not have to do that...
[01:23:40] Corey: but now I have the whole movie broken up into what I'm going to do for each class, and I'll have a custom DVD that can jump to the exact points I want to show.. so that's okay
[01:24:25] Corey: just in time.. trouble's here
[01:24:36] Corey: (Jane's niece came home :P)
[01:24:47] Corey: her being home makes it a lot harder to get work done...
[01:26:17] Flami: haha, I can imagine!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home