Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rides from Sam, and teaching movie genres

Called Sam earlier, who said that he could indeed give me a ride to and from the Canada Day BBQ tomorrow, but he'd have to help set up and take down stuff... not a problem, even if I have to be awake at 8! SOMEONE has to represent the Ngs at this event, yo! (now I'm talking like Wesley, haha)


Teaching movie genres?! I know nothing!

[21:51:38] Corey: also, I command you to think of a good way to teach movie genres to "intermediate" English students (they can have a class that's all English, but they will look very confused most of the time, and won't understand anything that isn't as basic as I can make it... and even then, they might not)
[21:52:47] Corey: I have to figure that out, make an activity, and send off the worksheet to the school in a few hours :P I have several decent activities for movie genres, but they probably won't work unless we just go over them first... but just me talking is boring, and they're unlikely to answer questions if I ask them...
[21:53:40] Corey: activities need to be things they HAVE to do.. like "go read this conversation with a partner," or "ask two people in the room these questions"... if it's me asking them whether they can answer something like a normal teacher does, they'll all just look at me like zombies
[21:54:21] Corey: maybe these students will be okay, but I haven't met any of them yet, so I don't know :P first class is this weekend


EDIT:

[00:22:51] Corey: well, think of a way to teach movie genres! post haste! I'm working on scenes from Ghostbusters that they can role-play right now
[00:24:13] Flami: can't - I know nothing about that, and I need to be up in 7.5 hours :P
[00:29:35] Corey: you don't know how to explain things? :P
[00:30:00] Flami: no
[00:32:10] Flami: well, I do... but I know nothing about the GHOSTBUSTERS movie
[00:39:07] Corey: I'm trying to explain movie genres here, not Ghostbusters :P and you should fix that, it's a good movie
[00:40:10] Corey: Movie Genres:

1. Comedy Movies
2. Action Movies
3. Dramas
4. Horror Movies
5. Science Fiction Movies
6. Animation Movies
7. Romantic Comedies
8. Documentaries
9. Fantasy Movies
10. Family Movies
[00:40:10] Corey: that's what they need to know about. I want to figure out a way to teach it better than just me explaining it all. me talking the whole time is boring and not good

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home