Thursday, July 01, 2010

BBQ postponement, playground personality, Taiwan weather

I should go out and meet Sam now... and of COURSE this temperamental beast restarted overnight!



You Were a Loner



You may have had a few friends on the playground, but you never felt like you really fit in.

And while this was not the greatest when you were little, it's served you well as an adult.



You have learned to be independent - both in your thoughts and your actions.

Not fitting in is now your strength. You defy labels, and you are completely original.


Edit half an hour later: Sam tried calling me from his cell when I was waiting outside, and then I just managed to get his call from home when I went back inside to see what was up! The BBQ has been postponed due to weather concerns (as per an email that I just got two seconds ago from Pastor John) till tomorrow afternoon at around 5:30. Sam just got a text message right when he was going to leave. Says he has worship practice tomorrow around that time, but can still give me a ride and such, so we'll get in touch later. Darn, I wish I *did* have a cellphone for these kinds of things, haha!

[02:39:04] Corey: I thought you were asleep :P
[08:23:11] Flami: I was asleep, and now I'm awake :P HAPPY CANADA DAY! :P
[08:30:56] Corey: you went online when I sent that!
[08:31:07] Flami: and now I need to leave
[08:31:54] Corey: well, fiiiiiiiine... don't talk to me, you big meanie
[08:32:50] Flami: BBQ! GOTTA GO
[08:55:25] Flami: actually, it's been postponed because of the weather - I'm going back to bed :P
[08:59:36] Corey: the weather is fine
[09:01:53] Flami: maybe over there... but here, it's all bleh :P
[09:07:25] Corey: well, it's hot and humid, but they started using the AC in here now, so it's alright... going outside, especially for me since I have to ride a bike, is another story... bleh... too hot and sweaty
[09:09:15] Corey: supposedly Carrefour (do you have that in Canada? I think it's just Europe... it's a French store, though... so maybe Canada has it... it's kinda like a huge Wal-Mart type of place) has scooters (like... the girly motorcycle-ish things) for $25,000... which would be much, much easier than a bicycle...
[09:10:27] Corey: I need to figure out what the resale options for those are, though... that's kinda pricey if I don't sell it before I leave, but for a vehicle, that's pretty cheap... that's like $700
[09:10:33] Flami: no, we don't have that... only Wal-Mart
[09:15:48] Corey: I only know about that from learning about it in marketing class.. it's pretty huge in Europe, I guess... and Taiwan has it too for some reason
[09:16:43] Corey: except nobody here knows what I'm talking about if I call it "Carrefour," despite that being in gigantic letters on the side of the building, and repeated over and over again on every sign in the place... literally hundreds of places in the store :P
[09:17:32] Corey: the Chinese for it is like "Ja re for" or something... I haven't quite figured out the sounds for it yet... it's supposed to sound like "Carrefour," obviously... but if you just say "Carrefour," nobody knows what you mean :P
[09:19:01] Flami: haha... yeah, I can understand that
[09:25:08] Flami: reminds me of the time that my mother wrote a Chinese equivalent for Jeremy's name on his name tag at a Summer Conference... she got the first two syllables to be like Chinese words, sort of... but had to improvise with the last, calling that "rice."
[09:25:40] Corey: rice is "mi," so doesn't that work? :P
[09:26:14] Flami: or wait... maybe it was "corn."
[09:26:51] Corey: I forgot what that is :P
[09:28:06] Flami: I think that's "mi"
[09:28:25] Corey: I don't think so... rice is "mi fan"
[09:29:08] Corey: corn is "yu mi"
[09:29:12] Corey: you and me!
[09:29:23] Flami: I do know enough to say that rice is "fan"... I can't remember what the exact equivalent was :P corn is "mi," I think....
[09:36:34] Flami: anyway - bedtime, again
[09:38:27] Corey: lazy :P
[09:39:42] Flami: it's a holiday :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home