Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Purple potatoes from Best Buy, Jordan and Thomas in water, Robin dead

I had a weird dream last night: My friends wanted to make cake, so I went along with them. However, I got interrupted by an emergency phone call when we were in the process of actually putting it together. It was nothing IMPORTANT to me, but Dylan certainly sounded stressed! For his sake, I suggested to everyone else that we try to make one special item just for him. Everyone else was amenable to this, so we inserted only the BEST purple potatoes from Best Buy (WTF?) in a certain cake after ensuring that it wouldn't do anything crazy to the recipe. Once everything was ready, we were off to the fellowship hall (which somehow looked like a restaurant?!), where Dylan was in charge of a gathering. He said that there would be three special cakes in the food offerings, and only certain people were allowed to touch those! One of them was our potato cake, another one was orange with candles on it, and the other one had a lot of fancy tiers. After that, Mom was annoying everyone around her (especially me and my siblings) by wanting to switch tables - NO, we told her. She wasn't impressed, but there was nothing she could do.

When the gathering had finished, we all went into a nearby nondescript brown building to mingle. The walls were sea green, and the communal area downstairs looked like an industrial plant. There was an area where the kids were told NOT to go - the trains servicing the area would go there, and we didn't want them to die! Despite repeated warnings, Jordan and Thomas explored it ANYWAY. Rich was talking to some old ladies nearby, and I called him for assistance; nobody seemed to mind that I said, "RICH! HELP ME GET THESE KIDS THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS AREA!" (not even the myriad children or their parents!) He responded to the urgency in my voice, and helped me do just that. A while later, we spotted Jordan and Thomas in the water near the train area - this would have been okay had they not appeared to be in some distress! Rich and I helped them up, and then sternly told them to stay with me. They wanted to explore the nearby elevators and washrooms (boys!), so I went with them.

I was grateful when Jessica showed up, so I could leave them in her care. They went off happily enough, while I spotted Eunice and Pauline - they wanted to go to the very top of the building, where there was light. It was a taste of childhood as we went up the elevator to the top floor, then climbed the stairs to the balcony - we could see a veritable feast of sunlight as it played upon the trees and such! Later, I went to the floor with the cafeteria - I saw Ada, Ian, Sean, John, and the kids' grandmother in there. Little Aaron tricked me into accepting five huge hash browns from him, just when I was about to decide what to get myself. Then Andrew T. used the same trick to get me to accept five huge pancakes! During that time, the Lams seemed to have moved... but I found them, all right... yes, we could definitely finish all the food since the boys were eating machines!

Suddenly, someone rushed up to tell us all that Robin had died! Nobody believed him until he showed us the evidence on his laptop: why else would Robin's avatar be crossed out and replaced with the word "Corrected," he asked? It was also true that he had not borrowed any books from the library, as evidenced by the purple library lending logo. We decided to confirm by calling his sister, who told us the worst. Apparently, he had been talking a shower, then collapsed on the floor due to an undiagnosed heart condition! While we were trying to decide what to do, my dream ended. Almost no idea why I had it: Teunis and I were discussing Robin (and potatoes), but not in the context of death! Of course I saw the Lams, little Aaron, Jordan and Thomas (who won't talk to me these days - must talk to the boys in general while they still WANT to talk to me!), Rich, and Dylan on Sunday. Of course, I do admit to thinking that a certain person (or is that certain people?) mustn't touch any food that I've brought / touched already, but that's just me. (Eric, on this: "Do they have a DISEASE?!" YOU CAN'T BE TOO CAREFUL!) Who knows... I have a crazy subconscious! Phil C. also told us a story in 2001 about an intern who had indeed been taking a shower and then collapsed dead on the floor, but that was SO LONG AGO!




You Are Logical



You tend to be rational to the point of driving other people crazy. You are all about the facts.

You don't like to make a big deal out of anything. You take both good and bad news in stride.



You believe that the simplest approach is often the best approach. Why complicate things?

You know how to get down to business and figure out what needs to be done. You're good at processing information.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home