Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pants replacements, BBQ chips, visual mythology, and more

High-scoring words of the afternoon:

ARGOSIES (220 points; 4W, 5W; a good deficit-erasing word!), FOVEAS (140 points; 5W, 2W) - against Joan H.
ASKED (197 points) - against Chris J. [3W, 5W, hook off FAN to make AN]


Went to the mall to get a bunch of stuff - panties, sweatpants, and green pants (no flat shoes!) from Sears; National Geographic Essential Visual History of World Mythology (National Geographic) from Coles (I saw Neal Stephenson's ANATHEMA in the bargain section there); two dark-colored men's shorts from Coast Mountain Sports (in case the ones from Mom aren't dark... buy one, get one half-off); plus One Step hand sanitizer (which actually smells BAD!), Simply Food mesquite BBQ chips, and a yellow pouf from Shoppers Drug Mart. Wasted a lot of time just walking around when I should have remembered THE MATRIX, haha. Also met Uncle Hansel in the food court, which was a little awkward. I used to like seeing people I know when I'm out and about, but it's just not that good lately! At least I'm home in plenty of time for the BORING_PEOPLE chat if there IS one!

Edit: Teunis just got back at 5:15 or so, saying he made an entry so I wouldn't worry. There was only one problem with his being back, haha. Discussed his steamer, Renaissance Books in New Westminster, door slamming, books, the Mayans, my new mythology book, my ditziness, movies, Mr. Creep, V FOR VENDETTA, FARSCAPE, Anne Rice / Christianity / gays, Neil Gaiman, hair, Russians, showering, and more.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home