Monday, July 19, 2010

Brandless romances, juries, POO and SHITTY as consecutive plays, and music

Bingos of the afternoon:

BRANDLESS (106 points) - against Will M.
ROMANCES (216 points) - against Marcy V.


High-scoring words of the afternoon:

JURIES (385 points; two 5W, hook off SPELT for a plural), COMFIT (161 points; two 2W, hook off PIKED to make PI / IT, 5L on F) - against Rebecca R.
WEFTS (126 points; two 3W), NONPAID (111 points; 5W, hook off QAT to make QI / AD) - against Lorelei M.
BRANDLESS (106 points) - against Will M. [4W, bingo]
ROMANCES (216 points) - against Marcy V. [two 4W, bingo]
FAMOUS (178 points), SATISFY (321 points; 3W) - against Deni L. [crazy homemade board]

I played SHITTY off Jill C.'s play of POO - how quirky, haha! :D


SO MUCH GOOD MUSIC... but can't sing! Ugh! Discussed tabs, cleaning up, browsers, Alice Cooper (albums / tribute bands / radio shows), Rush, Tom Petty, the Clash, actors, P.O.D.'s YOUTH OF THE NATION, persona, Jesus / magicians / pastors / witch doctors / shamans / math, Charles Babbage's BIG computer taking up several city blocks, science fiction, rambling, disturbing comics with demons, and more.

Decided to spontaneously go to the library since I had to do a couple of things, and now I'm on STEIN. At least I let Teunis know this time that I was going out, unlike last week... haha. Encountered a washroom with no toilet paper, and also read about the streaker at the Lions game who's been banned from the stadium. HA! Borrowed True Crime, True North: The Golden Age of Canadian Pulp Magazines (Carolyn Strange, Tina Loo) while I was here. And there's ANOTHER old guy - or maybe it's the same one - who fancies himself a stand-in for the actual library staff. COME ON! He bugged some little kids and some teens who were making a bit of noise conversing about games, and glared at them! Oh, and he actually pushed in other people's chairs when he left the computer room - I think that's a sign of a control freak. Since one of the two main reasons I went over here was to access my LJ tags page for a bunch of entries FOR my tags (since the tags page now refuses to fully load at home no matter what browser I use), I think I'll leave now. Should be in time for the C94, anyway...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home