Sunday, July 18, 2010

Courage Wolf, Advice Dog, INCEPTION, and Mr. Creep NOT growing on me!

As I was about to call Eric to see where he was, he called me at 9:05. Good thing I was in the other room at the time, although I'm pretty sure the phone ringing wouldn't have woken Teunis up! He said that he, Randal, Jen, Christon, Edison, Christon, Karen, Lincoln, Dylan, Deb, and Mr. Creep were at the hiking program yesterday. I have NO idea why Mr. Creep would have been there, since he doesn't really seem like the hiking type unlike the rest of the people. (not that I know EDISON well, but anyway...) However, it's a good thing I wasn't there since I really don't want him to see me be a total wimpy klutz on the trail! I don't like him, so I shouldn't necessarily CARE what he thinks, but there it is. Also discussed Billie coming over, who I'd sit beside today, shorts, Calla and Stanford's wedding dinner, Know Your Meme, the DOUBLE RAINBOW song / meme, Auto-Tuning my weird reactions ("Buildings! YAY! Look, Eric!"), people being "too new" for me to hit on (AS IF!), the JOKER theme, and the word "impediment" being used in a wedding context in CORONATION STREET.

I saw Harmony when I got to the sanctuary, so asked her how moving went yesterday. Apparently, she and Jon moved everything except the kitchen stuff and the piano! They had to call Jeremy to see whether the piano could mathematically fit in their place, since the movers were having trouble with the thing, which is now at our parents' place. (he gave them short notice about it, but it's not like you can plan for these things a week or so in advance!) Steph told me that she'd gotten a mosquito bite in a MOST AWKWARD place - let's just say that you can't really spray OFF there...

She'd gone camping on Friday with a bunch of Alliance people (from her Ultimate team) who all seem to know Harmony's brother Myles. Steph was surprised that they didn't know who Jon was, but as soon as she mentioned who his wife is... "OH YEAH! WE KNOW HER BROTHER!" Hahaha! Apparently, this one-day camping trip was in preparation for a 28-kilometer hike up Garibaldi next week which will take six days or something - WOW! Joey said that he'd been to the morning service since he didn't have a ride, and someone joked that he should go to the Mandarin or afternoon CSC service to complete his experience, haha! Of course, he declined this ridiculous suggestion!

Went to sit with Jeremy (who said work had been busy yesterday), and Ivan's brother Nathan - yes, the lazy people are back! The sermon touched on multi-culturalism, defining ourselves by the language we speak, and trying some bold experiment or other. Every time something was mentioned about a eunuch, Steph was glad Nathan To was back - "MEMBER?! COME ON, JUST LAUGH!" When Pastor John said that we were mostly Asian, Steph / Jon / Nathan / I all looked at Jeremy and laughed. Christon announced the newcomers' lunch, so I asked Eric about it later since he was doing sound - since he was going, I would do so as well. Makes sense!

Later, Jason gave me his and Karen's wedding invitation. Cute idea - it was in a small box and made up like an actual medical prescription that you'd get at the pharmacy. YEAST INFECTION, indeed! It fits, since Karen's in pharmacy! The wedding is a week before Calla and Stanford's, and I'll have to get a ride to Ryerson Church and the dinner somehow... I have NO idea who's invited to this thing! Maybe Helen K., I don't know! Said hi to Jordan, who rudely informed me that he / Thomas / Nina / Emily / Gerard were talking, so I told him that this was rude behavior. He didn't seem to get it, though. After being the first one to get the coffee, I saw them at the snack table. I kept a close eye on them since Mr. Creep was helping with the snacks - at least I got ONE pickle chip before he got some from the bag. At that point, I refused to get any more snacks of any sort! Nina, Emily, and Gerard told me that Jordan had stolen a coffee creamer from the snack table - I asked what he was going to do with that, and his brother Thomas said that he'd drink it. EWWWW!

Talked to Auntie Ying, Auntie Kathy, and Chrystal for a bit - no, I am not getting replaced! Discussed Teunis, Billie coming over, and other things. Jeremy wondered why the radio was playing the DOUBLE RAINBOW meme, so I told him that they'd gotten the guy who did it for an interview. "I'd like to clear up two common misconceptions - I was NOT high, and I was NOT having sex!" Jeremy then said that it was a "nature-gasm" ... SO TRUE, haha! He also recommended that Jon and Harmony get something to cover up the blank wall of their new bedroom so they'd have something to look at while lying in bed - good idea!

I managed to talk to Christon while he and Dylan were in the kitchen - it was fine if I came for the Newcomers Lunch, so I told my sister that as well. She said that I should find a newcomer - sure, but I'm more comfy with people I know and like! Said hi to Anita, and noticed her baby Joanna crying... apparently, she couldn't sleep! Steph was saying that she wanted to be mushy with Mom since she hadn't seen her in a week, but Mom said that she'd seen her on Tuesday - hahaha, OUCH! Saw Ian and his brother Sean L. on my way to the stairs, so YAY!

Soon afterwards, I went upstairs to the Toddler Sunday School to see Jason back from China / Ada / Ashley / Conor / Amos / Evelyn / David / Ramen / Shira. I returned the Bible and Awana handbooks to Conor, who promptly took his brother Sean's stuff to his classroom's teacher. Only then did I tell Auntie Ying that I'd picked up the kids' things up two weeks ago, but hadn't given it back till just then. She thanked me, at least - later, the kids' mom Pauline said she had gone back to the classroom, and couldn't find the items! Yeah, because I PICKED IT UP! She also thanked me, which was what I expected. Talked to the kids about "L" shapes made out of blocks, drawings, crayons, colors, Noah's Ark, and other things. Amos seemed to remember something when I said hi to him, so handed me a yellow-and-white hat with a little belt on it. I had to ask him for the red plastic bag it had come from, haha! Later, his mom Jennifer said I could exchange it within seven days since they had a wide selection - I think I'll just keep it, as I don't really see myself going to Metrotown this week and trying to find TOTO Fashion Boutique! I think this is a "thank you for the Transformers birthday gift that you gave Amos, even though he said he's not allowed any more" kind of thing, haha!

After that, I went downstairs to the lunch. Steph said that she'd gone grocery shopping at the Chinese supermarket (always get produce there!) and put things away before heading back to church. Good thing she lives pretty close by NOW! I asked if she'd seen Grandma, and she said that she had - I'd go to say hi, but Mom was there. The less interaction I have with HER, the better for my mental health - and reconciliation has NOTHING to do with it! Talked to Jessica, Andrea Lau, Eric, Christon, Jeremy, Darren, Joshua, Keenan, Mattias, Ivan, Nathan, and others: Mattias looked so cute when he was trying to play the drums! When I brought up problem tenants who are also friends, BUT who are three months behind in their rent, that sparked a discussion about problem tenants who totally mess up common areas and cause the garburator to overflow / clog! Also discussed golfing, INCEPTION, London, being Asian and not taking the last piece / item on the plate, Ireland, family dinners, Fellowship, what we'd been up to recently, summer school, green wraps, spicy tomato-basil summer soups, sandwiches, rice wraps, salt, pepper, oil, strawberries, grapes, chocolate milk, and more. I did learn the newcomer Amanda's name, finally. When the newcomers were asked to introduce themselves ("it's the least you can do for a free lunch!"), Mr. Creep said his Chinese name and added that he'd grow on us. NOT ON ME, IF I CAN HELP IT! NEVER!

Later, I asked Eric if he were ready to go. He pretty much was, so homeward bound we were! Discussed my feelings about Mr. Creep, DARKWING DUCK theme song, tempting fate, INCEPTION, seizing the cheese at McDonald's, the Advice Dog / Courage Wolf memes, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, "knowing fear as I have!", the children, my "paranoia," TORCHLIGHT / BIOSHOCK, and more. Also figured out that we're doing an Uncle Stephen talk on Friday, and that Eric IS going to Calla and Stanford's wedding dinner... SWEET! I don't have to put myself in an awkward situation!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home