Sunday, June 20, 2010

Talking to Mr. Creep is SO not an opportunity for growth!

Not surprised that this thing restarted while I was out! When Eric picked me up today, I knew I didn't have to bring anything along - SO LIBERATING! We discussed how sleepy we were... it seems we didn't get to sleep till 2 AM or later! He also agreed to give me a ride home after service - sweet! Then I brought up my reservations about Dylan and Deb's event for THEIR FRIENDS - Eric tried convincing me that it was a way of expanding my social circle, but I was in full-on "avoidant" mode, haha. "You didn't know that Corey guy, and you didn't know that Billie... and it won't be awkward! Dylan and Deb will just be like 'This is Eric, Leslie, Vicky, Cindy, Carmen, Albert, Kevin, and everyone else... they're here because we told them about this evening.' Spiritual development! I know it's not FUN... but you don't have to tell these new people your life story. I wouldn't!" He knows I'm not a crazy hedonist by any means, but I am starting to appreciate FUN. (on the strength of one outing?!) When I thanked him for the ride, he said that he could make the ride unpleasant now I'd done that... thanks. *sarcasm*

Saw Martin and Benedict as we crossed the street to the church, and briefly talked to Jen on my way in. I was surprised that she was there at about 9:30, but she came with Christon, who was also doing the sound with Eric. Talked about Father's Day - her dad's in Toronto, so she won't be doing anything other than perhaps sending him an email later! Emily, Nina, and Gerard entered the sanctuary - I went in with them, and we talked about the beach / sleeping over at the aquarium (they were really envious of me!) / school / summer school / Auntie Bessy tutoring / the school I went to when I was little / school cafeterias.

When I saw little Nathan sit down, I said hi to Karmie on my way out of their pew. I went to my usual seat, and said hi to Nathan - I noticed Mr. Creep buttonhole Jon and Harmony. Decided to ignore that since it wasn't directly affecting me - Jeremy came in a while later, anyway. He'd gone to sleep around midnight, and was going to study after church - good idea! I had to keep from falling asleep during the sermon, as usual... but it was good. I just can't tell you what it was about, although the race riots / Rosa Parks / peaceful MLK protests in Alabama played a part! Talked to Connie and Harmony about allergies / Visine / Reactine, and was reminded of what my sister said yesterday about my "compassion" for allergy sufferers - well, I can't sympathize with them, because I don't have those!

Saw Andrea talking to Sheena (and Christon talking to Eric about Portland), so went inside the fellowship hall. Had a couple of chocolate-covered strawberries, and then listened to Kevin tell Dianne why the Pho last week might have been bad - Jeremy, Raymond, Eric, and I were interested in the Martin Luther's Revenge! She said that it would be awkward reporting the restaurant to the health department, especially since she used to know the owner / manager in high school! I also talked to Deb about her event - seems she'll leave the decision up to Cindy because she's our (fearless?) leader, but it IS free! She asked about last night's dinner, so I told her exactly how the email exchange had devolved into talking about diarrhea and Depends - she's heard enough about that from her brothers, haha! Thankfully, she only got the first email since Dylan forwarded it to her! I should get Jon to add her to the list, haha!

Allison came up to me with some cookies in a Ziploc bag, and bread in a paper cup - Denise agrees that she's cute, but SMART! She put her cookies in her pocket (Anita says that she always has to check the pockets whenever she does her laundry - STICKERS!), and then kept patting it to make sure they were still in there! Brian and I told Allison that we didn't want her food "this time," haha - baby Joanna was sleeping, Jeff said. I went into the fellowship hall to say hi to Keenan - his brother Joshua drank some half and half, but seemed to like it. Maxine told him to be careful around Grace and her baby in the tummy - baby Micah kicks now! Tim says he's recovered from his terrible cold last week... he thinks this is the first time he's ever lost his voice!

I was definitely ready to leave when Eric asked about that! On the way home, he tried convincing me that talking to Mr. Creep would be a FORTUNATE OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH, especially since he's now a regular attendee. "He did sign the sheet, but that was for KIDS' NIGHT, and it was NINE MONTHS AGO! You don't have to go out of your way to talk to him, but just when something comes up!" Then I hope something NEVER comes up! He needs to stop being so creepy first, man! He sang the LEGEND OF ZELDA theme song, and the DONKEY KONGA COUNTRY song - yes, I remember the latter from when The Evil One played it all the time!

I said that I'd talked to Deb about her event, and then he tried convincing me that Langley was only 15 minutes more than a typical ride to church. Yes, I know... but he'll have been driving a lot in the week prior to that because of the Portland trip! He figures Cindy will make the decision based on group input... well, I might still tell someone that I'm possibly free on that date, haha.Of course, Eric bugged me about that person, and sang my name a lot to tell me that I was a crazy weirdo. He wondered whether I'd be home a lot - that, or using the library computers which I prefer! Now I'm really sleepy - guess I'll try microwaving the instant noodles and cubed tofu when I get up from the nap I'm taking!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home