Monday, May 03, 2010

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS WRONG WITH MY SUBCONSCIOUS?!

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS WRONG WITH MY SUBCONSCIOUS?! I dreamed that my family had gotten together one evening with a bunch of my friends and the kids. I was in the shower for some reason, and saw some red graffiti on the wall clearly authored by James! (rushmixtape5) His friend Tyler B. had added an "apostrophe plural" on the word LOOKS, so I made them both apologize after I got out of there. Lesley and Dianne were knocking on the door, but I dropped the F-bomb a few times, which was totally uncharacteristic of me! They took the use of the word FUCK in stride, heh. When I finally came out, I was informed that Irene was looking for a Caribbean place, but not the HIMALAYA one which looked like the restaurant around #5 / Cambie. (seriously, it had the yellow sign with red block capitals!)

My mom decided to take her to Broadmoor Mall at the other end of Richmond, since we used to live in that area. Once there, we saw that the Blockbuster Video and the clothing store had been replaced by a huge Caribbean place with postcards for a quarter, rocks for a dime, $8 or $10 placemats, foodstuffs, and lots of other things. Mom wasn't interested in that sort of stuff, preferring to drag my dad to browse the supermarket next door. Everyone else went to the Caribbean place! I saw Ian L., Andrew H., and other kids just sitting on the sidewalk outside the place, and told them that I used to live in the area, and the Caribbean place used to be a Blockbuster Video AND clothing store. For some reason, they already knew this, but wanted to go to the Caribbean place anyway.

We were looking around at the nice placemats (had pictures of various locations on them) and everything else - Irene LOVED this! - when Steph called everything to a screeching halt because she'd lost the nose pad for her glasses AND a contact! Everyone looked for these items on the floor and one table of placemats - we finally found them. I admired more placemats, and mentioned to Steph that I'd get one for our resident Caribbean expert friend (who else but Dave Wong?), but didn't know which one he'd like the best. My parents came in later, and took us somewhere else. Dad got me alone, and was in a wifebeater. He said that he knew I was embarrassed about my financial situation, and couldn't afford both a baby shower gift and a dinner gift. I said that it was my decision to possibly not attend the dinner for Ellen, but he said that I had to, and that he'd help with money. He whispered these things to me, and then repeated that he could HELP. I noticed that his breathing changed, and he was experiencing feelings which you shouldn't with your daughter around. I tried to scream for my brother (who was in the next room), but no sound came out. Luckily, I woke up before things got too far along - he had gotten naked, but that was it. WHAT THE FUCK. Took some time to get my breathing back to normal, too! Maybe it's a good thing I won't have to see my dad as well as my mom for two weeks!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home