Saturday, May 01, 2010

Waltzing through the chlorinated ranks! / Short teaching notice!

High-scoring words of the night:

WALTZED (288 points) - against Lori E. [3W, two 2W]
RANKS (425 points) - against Donna P. [two 5W]
TERRA (126 points) - against Veronica D. [5W, 4W]
CHLORITE (120 points) - against Trisha-Sky B. [5W]
GHOUL (250 points) - against Yvonne C. [two 5W] {same name as Cousin Yvonne, and in Surrey and from Richmond!}


This is what happened when I told Corey to entertain me:

[21:31:24] Corey: you entertain me, I've done my entertaining for the day (well, not yet... I have to go meet a student later to see about private lessons)
[21:32:23] Corey: last night, while we were out drinking margaritas and beer, the school called me to do a Saturday morning class... so like 10 PM, they asked me to teach a 2.5 hour class at 9:30 the next morning............
[21:32:48] Corey: which I just got back from, and it probably sucked... but one of my activities took up half the class, and got me through it at least :P
[21:33:23] Corey: they couldn't understand much of what I said, but that activity kept them busy, and they had things to read. they wouldn't talk about things at all (the point of them being there is to practice speaking, mainly)
[21:34:20] Corey: but, they pay me right after class, in cash, after sub classes, so that's good :P they didn't pay me for my private class yet... I have to wait until next month for that
[21:37:45] Flami: oh yeah, oops
[21:38:42] Corey: the main problem with teaching on short notice is that you kind of have to prepare material that will last that long :P and that's the longest class
[21:41:01] Flami: well, at least the stuff got you through the class
[21:41:26] Corey: but that's the class where the teacher is leaving........... so likely if they give me a class, that's it :P
[21:41:53] Corey: and they won't talk, and it's hard for them to understand me
[21:42:07] Corey: the other teacher could help them out with Chinese... I can't
[21:45:10] Flami: yeah, seems difficult, I know


Trivia fact for Saturday, May 1: What great Thoroughbred was honored as Horse of the Year a record five times? Kelso. He held the title from 1960 to 1964.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home