Saturday, May 08, 2010

Saxes, birthday cheesecake, and dragon shirts

High-scoring words of the evening:

NANDINA (297 points) - against Angela V. [two 5W, hook off BOO to make BOON] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
UNBELT (120 points) - against Alice P. [3W, two 2W]
SAX (124 points) - against Rebecca H.-F. [hook off REAM for a plural, 5L on X, 2W]
MELDER (100 points) - against Gail K. [5W, 2W]


This thing just restarted! Henry picked me up a little early, but that was okay. Got to church, and I told him that I'd be at another place next week... of course I plan to call him from that number to remind him later on in the week! I interacted with Olivia and Anne for a little bit, then put my Awana shirt on... their mom Sophia told me that it was backwards (I knew that), and their dad John wondered if I wouldn't be warm. Chrystal said that it was warm outside, but not necessarily inside! After a while of processing kids, I talked to Chrystal for a bit. She got emotional when she said that she was eating a lot of junk food, and couldn't seem to control herself. I can understand - junk food is cheap or a good deal, and you SAY you'll have it in moderation, but oftentimes you just CAN'T!

She said it was like I was inside her head and knew just what she was thinking, haha. Talked about grocery shopping, good deals, living by yourself, Yaohan's three dishes for $10, cheap stuff, and more - it's like the week-expired shrimp crackers that Auntie Vivian offered us! It's RIGHT THERE! Not even Emily is home to stop her, heh. I said that my parents were FINALLY away in China (Alan said something about that), and I was going to look after Grandma for a bit. Auntie Rebecca said something about cheesecake which she bought for Chris' birthday, but I couldn't partake of any since Henry had to leave early to look after his nieces while his sister went to the Children's Hospital Lottery. Maybe he'll take them biking since it's such a nice day! Ada couldn't drive me since John's niece is in town, and wanted to eat in Chinatown... understandable! Wished Chris a happy birthday on our way out, too. Now I gotta do laundry, personal maintenance, and find stuff like my dragon shirt! I'm pretty sure I didn't throw it away...

Edit at 2020: The computer restarted AGAIN! And the elevator doesn't work - ugh, still have to do laundry! But... I FOUND THE DRAGON SHIRT ON MY DESK IN MY ROOM! Yeah, I know - odd place to put clothing. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home