Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I don't have to do anything, and she still thinks I'm a great teacher!" / Dishes and projectiles

After semi-arguing about browsers last night, Corey said he'd be back since he had to see his private student. Then I got these messages overnight:

[01:24:05] Corey: bizzack
[01:24:15] Corey: my private student thinks I'm a great teacher :P I don't even DO anything with her... she doesn't let me talk :P
[01:24:24] Corey: but if she likes it, great :P
[01:24:55] Corey: I don't even try to talk about things now, she'll just interrupt me. if there's silence, I just sit there until she talks again
[01:26:57] Corey: I gave her an article a while ago, and she says I'm "so generous" for giving her that, since it has lots of activities and things.... well, there's a website that makes new lessons about current events every few days... it's just from that :P so, I'll print out a new one of those each week, and she'll be happy, I guess

Sounds pretty easy to me, haha! I'm assuming this is the English teacher who doesn't even want him to prepare anything! Also got a bunch of email from Dylan / Jon / Kevin - Jon said we could get a bunch of stuff for minestrone and chili from Sunrise Market - NO BEER! Dylan called Kevin's email about food safety a "post" ... Called Jon, and things are still a go.


I had a dream where my friends and family were on a houseboat - not that I've ever been on one, but think Job's from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT on a larger scale. Everything was out in the open, and it seemed to be a good arrangement. Cindy and I were looking after a bunch of kids who were painting things on paper - we had to be careful to make sure our precious stash of books remained pristine. After a while, my mom called me to do something. I argued that I was with the kids, to no avail. Turns out she wanted me to look after Grandma, so I took her to where the kids were... everyone could keep an eye on her! Afterwards, I went to my sister's bed to sleep a bit - woke up at 7:08, and again at 12:11 when my parents were out of there for a bit. Unfortunately, they came back!

Later, my siblings and I were trying to convince my mom to give up talking on her phone so I could call the Morrills to get them to pick me up. Jon and Steph talked on THEIR cellphones, but whatever solution they were looking to effect did NOT turn out. Turns out Mom was deliberately talking to the Morrills so I couldn't talk to them - when we found that out through a slip of her tongue, my siblings tackled her to the ground, and dragged her to a garden space on the boat. She came back wearing a purple-silver football uniform, but she was no match for my siblings. They handed me the phone, and told me to tell Eric's parents what was happening. I did, quickly. Then Mom wanted me to do dishes out in the open, so I balked. She ordered my friends to watch me, but they wouldn't... not even GRANDMA would! Eventually, we made a show of doing some of them - then we became aware of projectiles being launched our way. We got the hell out of there, and it turned out that Mom definitely did not approve of Jon going back to Regent. So she was taking her feelings out on whoever happened to be around, even if the most logical choice would be Jon. Soon after we got that explanation from Jon, I woke up. No idea why I had that dream!




Your Brain is Average



You probably aren't doing a lot to damage your brain, but you're not doing much to nurture it, either.

In order to stay young and vital, your brain needs exercise, and that means novelty!



Read more often. Solve a puzzle or two. Talk about a new topic with a friend.

You don't have to go back to school to keep your brain healthy... all you need to do is challenge it a bit.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home